Setting up an Android notification with camera snapshot

I’m not sure if I’m too stupid or the documentation is lacking, but I’m unable to setup a simple notification with camera snapshot that works from anywhere, not only on local network.

I’m running HA OS VM on proxmox; installed via helper script.

I can’t save the camera snapshot as a file. I’ve tried the automatic snapshot, and it works but only on local network. /api/camera_proxy/camera.name

service: camera.snapshot
metadata: {}
data:
  filename: /www/last_motion.jpg
target:
  entity_id: camera.kamera
enabled: true

I’m getting this error:

Failed to call service script/brame_rower. Cannot write /www/last_motion.jpg, no access to path; allowlist_external_dirs may need to be adjusted in configuration.yaml

If then I add

allowlist_external_dirs: 
  - /config/www/

or any other /www/ /www /config variation to “/homeassistant/configuration.yaml”, I’m getting a warning in developer tools check config tool

Configuration warnings Integration error: allowlist_external_dirs - Integration ‘allowlist_external_dirs’ not found

and it doesn’t work, no image is shown.

Try

allowlist_external_dirs:
- /config

The option refuses subfolders, I think I stumbled upon that problem, but that was a while ago.

I’ve tried

• /config
  • /config/
  • /www/
  • /www
  • /config/www

same warning comes up

Try this:

Or this:

I’ve used these guides, the camera can’t save the snapshot to /www/ folder that’s the issue. He doesn’t change anything in his config.yaml or he is not getting the same error that I’m getting, and he skips over the link to image that he blurred.

/www/ is not being written to.

Nothing is shown from configuration.yaml because nothing needs to be done there.

The portion of the URL that is blurred is irrelevant. What does the FQDN being used in that video have to do with what you are trying to do? You don’t need to view the images from the video, you need to view YOUR images.