Setting up EweLink controlled device ST-DC1 with OEM Firmware to work on local network

Did you Buy this Board because it seem to fit your needs only to find out that Ewelink does not play nice with Home Assistant and they encrypted the ability to flash the device

Good News even though they won’t allow easy Flashing of this unit, it can be controlled Via local network through home assistant using the OEM Firmware on it no fiddling with trying to flash it.

Below I will try to step by step the procedure on doing this.

Stuff needed

1. The board ST-DC1 as pictured above, may work with other Ewelink controlled devices though untested.
  2. smart Phone capable of Pairing the Device with EweLink app (found my new smart phone refused to pair it my old one did pair it in compatible mode)
  3. WIFI router capable of Blocking certain devices from the internet (parental control).
  4. patience

First is you need to power the device and pair it to the EweLink app like normal

The Setting Button is what is used to pair it

this Video is of the 4 channel version but the pairing is the same https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rf-esvwuA-E

once you confirmed that you can control the switch with EweLink we can move forward

UPDATE FOUND BETTER INTERGRATION

you can either use this one SonoffLAN by AlexxIT and ignore the rest of this Document or you can continue on with it up to you.

“copy this below to paste it in the HACS settings tab for ADD CUSTOM REPOSITORY line.”

AlexxIT/SonoffLAN

Continue Below if you are not using HACS

we need to get some Info off the Switch the primarily the Device ID and the API key

So far the only way to do this is to put the switch into AP mode.

To do this press and hold the pairing button for 7 seconds then release and then hold it again for 10 seconds the wifi LED should blink rapid without any pauses release the button.

Look for wifi access point starting with “ITEAD-10000”
Connect to it with password “12345678”

“once connected the AP will time out and disconnect after a few mins so may have to repeat above”

open your web browser and point it to the address http://10.10.7.1/device

It should return its ID and API record these accurately as you will need both in home assistant.

Once recorded you can either press the pairing button again or just let it time out to got back to normal mode.

Follow this link to get the Custom integrations https://github.com/mattsaxon/sonoff-lan-mode-homeassistant this is for firmware V3+ there is a link for older firmware as well.

follow the instructions on there to build your switches on Home assistant.
Remember that the homeassistant needs ownership of those files, verify that this is so.
also a full blown reboot is needed not just a server restart.

now it will kind of work but piss poor below disables the EweLink app from talking to it but Home Assistant works alot better

Go into your router config and parental controls enable blocking devices and configure it to block the switch from the internet typically the device will be called itead something follow your routers manufactors instructions for parental controls.

if you have issues double check your device ID and API verify they are correct in Home assistant

if you want it to mount to the wall and look and function like a regular switch I made this housing for it

1 Like

Thanks for this guide, I used it successfully on a TOOGOO, EACHEN, RYOSVA type garage door switch (GD-DC5) & now have control in HA & removed the need for the cloud :+1:t3:

1 Like

your welcome