Setting up Google Actions for Assistant

Do you think it would be possible to assign a room in the customize declaration?

Looks like project.json is a directory in your CMD window, it should be a file.

Create a file called project.json and put the code from step 2 under ā€˜Setupā€™

Iā€™m trying to use emulated hue on Google Home but I am not sure where to discover devices exposed by emulated hue. In Alexa, I just click on the Discover button in the Alexa app. Where do I click in the GH app?

This thread is about the new Google Assistant component, not Hue. If youā€™re looking for help on Emulated Hue Iā€™d ask in another thread to avoid confusion.

1 Like

link philips hue. If there unlink and relink

I did a file project.json equal to tutorial and placed in a paste called project.json, now I renamed the paste but still canĀ“t receive the URL, I didnĀ“t installed duck dns and letĀ“s encrypt, maybe itĀ“s this?

If you donā€™t use letā€™s encrypt and duck dns (or any other dns and https certificate) it wonā€™t work.

Itā€™s a requirement from Google that youā€™re home-assistant is accessed through https and not http.

tkss very much IĀ“ll installed and try again, itĀ“s obligated to have both or can I have only letĀ“s encrypt?

You can, but you need a fixed address for your home-assistant instance (accessible from Internet).

DuckDNS allow you to have a fix public address for your home-assistant instance.

ok ks again IĀ“ll try through duck dns

not sure if this is a good idea as there are loads issues with people trying to connect the GH to emulated hue as you have to link GH to philips site and google & philips has made that more or less ā€¦ that is why everybody was waiting for this functionality

Yep, I never got it working with the emulated hueā€¦ philips would not let me link the emulated hue to google.

So i have this working fine but after a couple of hours, when asking assistant on my phone to do anything it returns ā€œIā€™m sorry, there was an error and i am unable to control your home deviceā€.

I then unlink the account, relink it, assign rooms and it works again. Until it breaks again.

Seems like some sort of timeout on something (auth token?) but I donā€™t see any timers. Any ideas?

some conflicting names?

How would I know if thatā€™s an issue? All names in home assistant are unique at least. I do have IFTTT as well but rhe overlapping recipes there are disabled

similar names and rooms

Guest Room
Guest Room Light
Room Light
Guest Light

havenā€™t tested well, but once I have similar names, I do get problems

1 Like

I just have office, kitchen and living room which have just office lights, coffee machine and tv lights. I donā€™t expose anything else by default. So seems unlikely that itā€™s a naming problem.

yes you are right: take into consideration also group name in hass, and room name in gh app

I noticed I got this error after trying to use the simulator to test things. It would work once in the simulator, then stop working across all devices and the simulator. After re-linking and leaving the simulator alone itā€™s been solid for a few days now (fingers crossed).

ā€œIā€™m sorry, there was an error and i am unable to control your home deviceā€

I have the same issue, after a while it breaks, timeout issue ?
Iā€™m using my domain with nginx proxy, letā€™s encrypt.

1 Like