Setting up Google Actions for Assistant

Thank you so much for this!

I was able to create a duckdns account and a https path for my account but it gave me the same screen, no URL

What do you mean? Can you access your home-assistant through your duckdns address? (https://xxx.duckdns.org)

Yes I can I tested and it´s all fine, but when I send the commands cd (directory where is gactions and project.json) , and hit gactions update --action_package project.json --project xxxx it gives me the following screen again

I an´t find any reference to an URL to access to finish my app and it won´t apear any action on my console

You are doing it wrong. Save the gactions executable and project.json files in the same directory and then run the gactions command. When you do a dir from that directory, you should see both the files listed there.

Sorry if a misundertsood or if I said something rong but as an example, I have a paste in my desktop named gaction, there I have inside both gactions.exe and project.json toghther in the same paste, is that wrong?

It seems from your screenshot, project.json is a directory? shouldn’t it be a file?

I´ve changed everything to gaction directory and there I have project.json and gactions.exe but it gave me the same screen

Just create a new directory with only gactions.exe and project.json and then run the command. Share a screenshot with the dir command and with the screenshot command. If it is not working, try another machine

It should look like this.

I´ll try to create a new directory with new name, and leave only the two files inside and will try to run again. Tks everyone I´ll post again later

That’s my point, it shouldn’t be down as a light. It messes up ‘turn off all lights’ as that also turns off the amp/receiver and whatever is playing on the TV.

Is there anyway to fix this media_player?

yes yes understood, I totally agree with you, it should be a media_player since also Google Assistant now defines them

@PhilK @cnrd I have both Wink and Lutron lights with my Google home. Connected to the wink hub I have one of those Aerotech power strips. I have my cell phone chargers and a nightstand lamp plugged into it. It turns the nightstand light on/off when I say “Turn all lights On”. but not the cell phone chargers. The only difference is the nightstand is named “Bedside Light” so Google Assistant is smart enough to know that a switch is actually a light.

My suggestion with scripts, and this might be out of scope, but it would be really nice if we could specify an “off” script. For example, I have a radio script that steams a local radio station on my Google Home. It is very annoying that it starts playing when I tell it to turn all lights off when I had it exposed via emulated_hue.

Another thing I´ve installed duckdns addon that one tha it´s toghther with let´s encrypt, it said that I didn´t need to forward any port on my router I´ve tried now to access out of my network and It didn´t work, even the tutorial saying it´s not necessary to forward any port do I have to do anything else?

My duckdns and letsencrypt does requires port forwarding.
On my router, here’s how it looks like:
external 443 -> internal 8123

have you installed both as addon duck dns? or didi you installed them separately?

As add-on? I’m not sure what that means… but I did install them separate.

Because here and here says it´s not necessary anymore

I’m unable to get the test app to link to the account. I get all the screens redirecting, but end up with error saying “Could not update the setting. Please check your connection”.

Any tips how to debug?
Do I need to set base_url?