Setting up Google Actions for Assistant

You need to call the refresh service, and it’ll automatically refresh the devices according to your configuration. What then shows up depends on the domains you’ve exposed, and any customisation you’ve done to hide individual entities.

It is doesn’t matter for now, i cant link the test app any more, even after removing the new line in the configuration file
I am linking the test app and he say that the app was link, but it didn’t add it to the home control list

I have opened an issue, there is a problem with the new version of aiohttp
https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/issues/10698

Does anybody know if there is a known range/set of IPs to which HASS should be exposed in order to make it available for Google Actions? I managed to setup Google Acctions by exposing hass to whole internet, but ideally I do not want to stay with such setup. Tried to sniff the traffic and even found one google proxy whit which it was communicating, but that changed during some time.

Why did you close the issue? I also have aoihttp errors in my log.

After update the rasbian the error was gone ,
And the problem with adding the test app was fixed

For me so far, the IP range looks to be 66.249.64.0/19.

The User Agent is consistent though, so you could limit it to POST requests with the User Agent including Google-Cloud-Functions (if you’re using a reverse proxy).

Would it be possible to have 2 instances? So 2 set of devices?

Like this each GH can control only a subset of HA devices

Hi vincio,

it means that we cannot create a emulated google home with google assistant sdk and using it for google actions?

Syncing doesn’t work for me:
ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.google_assistant] request_sync request failed: 404 b’{\n “error”: {\n “code”: 404,\n “message”: “Requested entity was not found.”,\n “status”: “NOT_FOUND”\n }\n}\n’

I put the correct API in my config.

Did you unlink and relink your test app once in Home Control?

DO the script work for you?

To me it does the first command and not the rest

cast_audio:
    alias: cast audio
    sequence:
      - service: switch.turn_on
        data:
          entity_id: switch.plug_158d0001530785
      - delay:
          seconds: 1
      - service: switch.turn_on
        data:
          entity_id: switch.panasonic.tv
      - delay:
          seconds: 1
      - service: media_player.turn_on
        entity_id: media_player.rxv675_a4b3c6
      - service: media_player.select_source
        data:
          entity_id: media_player.rxv675_a4b3c6
          source: AUDIO2

Scripts with multiple actions work fine for me.
you sure it’s running that script when you call it through the Google Assistant?

now they work for me too. I had to restart. Apparently the RELOAD SCRIPT in HASSIO is NOT working

p.s. Hassio 0.58 … when? I need the refresh

QUESTION.

I use GH in 2 languafe in my family (English and Italian).

If I use ALIASES in 2 languages, should the GH be able to work in the two language (each account a different language)?

I have a question about functionality when adding “media_player” as an exposed domain. I have a light that I control by saying “turn on (/off) the kitchen light(s)”, however this also turns on/off the music player which I named “Kitchen Music”. I realize this is because the media player is being treated like a light from Google Assistant’s point of view and it turns on/off any “lights” that have “kitchen” in the name. Is there a good way to get around this behavior besides changing the name of my kitchen light to be something that doesn’t have “light” in the name? I am really only interested in changing the volume of the music anyway (by saying “Set Kitchen Music to 50%” or “Turn up Kitchen Music” which works)… but changing the brightness of the kitchen light also changes the volume of the kitchen music.

Note, I can say “turn off the kitchen music” and this turns off the player, and it does not turn off the light (which is the desired behavior)… probably b/c I didn’t say “light”.

I put media devices or those I don’t want grouped into an ‘Other’ room and it seems to work (most of the time).

Have you tried using a switch instead of a light?

You wouldn’t be able to set volume then, since brightness is mapped to volume.

For now I just renamed my music player from “Kitchen Music” to “The Music”… so I can say “Turn on the music” or “Turn up the music”…not ideal since I have players in other rooms… but those rooms don’t have smart lights, so it works for now.