Setting up Home Assistant and Flight Radar 24

Don’t hate me, I’m a noob and don’t even have a Raspberry Pi yet (in the mail). Had been using Homebridge on my Mac to run a few things, but it’s not on all the time, and it seems like Home Assistant on a Raspberry Pi would be more elegant. Also have a professional need (airline pilot) to run FlightRadar24 and feed ADS-B for a Business membership. Anyway…been sitting here all afternoon looking for some detail about Installing the HAOS but also installing FR24 with attached ADS-B antenna.
Several threads mention it, but can I just install the FR24 image after I set up the Pi with HAOS? Maybe it would be easier to stick with the straight Pi image and use Homebridge and FR24 side by side. I have a pilot friend doing that, says no issue. He said if he could do it over again he’d rather be using Home Assistant.
So for the long windedness. Basic question, want to run HA and FR24 on the same Pi5, where should I start?

Assuming you want a local hardware ADS-B receiver, not a streamed cloud service:

No this will completely overwrite your Home Assistant installation.

Install HA on your pi then install this add-on in home assistant: homeassistant-addons/adsb-multi-portal-feeder at main · MaxWinterstein/homeassistant-addons · GitHub

Thank you Tom. I have will have a local antenna and share that data to FlightRadar, (they give you a biz membership, as I am sure you are aware).

tom_I
No this will completely overwrite your Home Assistant installation.

I figured that is what would happen. I saw some references to your add-on, thank you so much for your reply.

So I have a FlightAware24 account, but do I need to contact them to provide the following data? Do I need to run anything in the Home Assistant command line to make it work? Using a Nooelec NESDR Mini for the antenna. I just plugged it in, is there any Add-on required for the antenna? Thank you all for any help.

Hey everyone, thanks to this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTAfMYhQOLE
I think I have figured it out.