Setting up IKEA Ormanäs LED lightstrip using ZHA

I just got a new IKEA Ormanäs LED light strip. It is zigbee compatible so it should work with ZHA I guess.

My question is: has anybody tried it yet and how does one get the Ormanäs zigbee controller into pairing mode?

Thanks for your help

Just happend to buy one, I got it to pair via the reset button on the back side of the “controller” (the oval part that has the pair logo and other information on it). Holding it down for 10 seconds with a sharp object will have it go into pair mode and it showed up in ZHA almost instantly!

When the led strip is in pair mode, the strip will fade in and out like all IKEA zigbee devices.

Hope this helps!

Hello @Vriesvak ,

thanks for your help. It was indeed that easy. Just power it on, push the reset button while the ZHA is searching for new devices and it works.

1 Like

Hi guys, how do you like the Ormanäs light overall? Would you recommend it for kitchen lights (under cabinets for work lights, and on top of cabinets for ambiance)? It seems that the LEDs are really far apart.

Do i need Dirigera hub or can i find it in home assistant Zigbee2MQTT?

Personally cannot comment as I am planning to install them under a bed, and I haven’t installed them yet.

I did not need the ikea hub, but I use ZHA instead of Zigbee2MQTT. I think you should be able to get it working also without the ikea hub.

Thanks for your advice
Best regards
Frans

Hello @hulsb096 ,
You do not need an IKEA hub at all if you are using Home Assistant. HA takes the role of the IKEA hub.
In general what you have to do is start a search for new devices on ZHA and while it is running do a factory reset of the IKEA device. It then shows up in HA. Make sure to have the new device close to you HA hub.