Setting up RF remote

I’ve got a Sonoff RM433 remote I ordered a couple months ago that finally got here recently so I thought I’d try to set it up to work with my Tasmotized RF bridge. I’ve got a variety of different RF devices configured as binary sensors and that works but with this remote I wanted to set it up as a single sensor with all the buttons instead of 8 separate binary sensors. I found a tutorial and messed with this for a while but so far I haven’t gotten it to work. I did confirm that I’m able to set up one of the buttons as a separate binary sensor. I suspect it may be one of those cases where I’ve been looking at it so long that I’m overlooking an obvious error. Is there a better way to do this? Ideally it would be great if it could work like the Ikea 5 button remote I have where it shows as one single device with entities under it for the buttons.

# Configuration for a Sonoff RM433 remote
  - platform: mqtt
    state_topic: "tele/RF_Bridge/RESULT"
    name: RM433_1
    value_template: '{{value_json.RfReceived.Data}}'
    expire_after: 1 

- platform: template
    sensors:
      rm433_1_button1:
        value_template: '{{ is_state("sensor.RM433_1", "729E48") }}'
        friendly_name: 'RM433_1 Button 1'
        delay_off: 1
      rm433_1_button2:
        value_template: '{{ is_state("sensor.RM433_1", "729E4C") }}'
        friendly_name: 'RM433_1 Button 2'
      rm433_1_button3:
        value_template: '{{ is_state("sensor.RM433_1", "729E44") }}'
        friendly_name: 'RM433_1 Button 3'
      rm433_1_button4:
        value_template: '{{ is_state("sensor.RM433_1", "729E49") }}'
        friendly_name: 'RM433_1 Button 4'
      rm433_1_button5:
        value_template: '{{ is_state("sensor.RM433_1", "729E42") }}'
        friendly_name: 'RM433_1 Button 5'
      rm433_1_button6:
        value_template: '{{ is_state("sensor.RM433_1", "729E45") }}'
        friendly_name: 'RM433_1 Button 6'
      rm433_1_button7:
        value_template: '{{ is_state("sensor.RM433_1", "729E41") }}'
        friendly_name: 'RM433_1 Button 7'
      rm433_1_button8:
        value_template: '{{ is_state("sensor.RM433_1", "729E43") }}'
        friendly_name: 'RM433_1 Button 8'

Hey James,

sounds like you could use attribute_template? Take a look at this example, you can map all kinds of attributes to a template (binary) sensor, sounds like a good use for it.

Hi @james_s Did you manage to get this to work?
I have flashed my Sonoff RF Bridge with Tasmota (latest version) and Portisch, and it works perfect and the bridge correctly picks up the 433MHz data from various devices from different manufactures that I have.
However, it seems totally blind to the Sonoff RM433 remote control. When I click a button on the remote, there’s absolutely no response at all from the Bridge. I know the remote works, cause I’m using it to control a Sonoff D1. But even though the remote has been paired with the D1, shouldn’t its 433MHZ communication still be visible for the Bridge to pick up?