Setting up Sensebender Gateway as serial gateway on RPi 4 with Home Assistant

I’m hoping this topic will serve as a place to get help setting up the Sensebender Gateway with installed NRF24L01+ as a serial gateway for MySensors within Home Asssitant running on a Rasberry Pi.

FYI, I’m a newbie here, please forgive me if I have posted incorrectly or have not provided enough information. I just received a couple of Sensebender Gateways in the mail and am hoping to set them up as serial gateways for my HA instance running on a RPi 4 within docker. I have the MS integration going along with the MQTT integration and several MQTT gateways already communicating, but I’m trying to get serial gateways setup for several sensors I’d like to have in more remote locations that do not have WiFi access. I soldered the headers onto the Sensebender board so that I am able to plug the radio in just as shown on the MySensors website. I also believe it should come with the example sketch already loaded so I plugged it into my Pi. I see the board listed under USB ports when I run

lsusb

in terminal and get the port id when I run

ls /dev/ttyACM*

which returns /dev/ttyACM0 as the port ID, but when I use that port ID in the setup for serial gateways along with changing the baud rate to 38400 (to match the arduino sketch) and the version to 2.3.2 since that’s the version of the MS library I’m running, I get an invalid serial port warning. Any help here would be greatly appreciated!