Setting up Smart Control Panel T6E

As a complete novice and new to HA and the Tuya T6E Smart Control panel, I followed the instructions to use the OTG usb to access it with ADB which I understand has been dissabled as i get an error “error:closed” when trying to access it. (The board looks totally different from the instructions supplied by Blakadder)
Can someone please give me a step by step instruction on how I can get round this? I have read some posts on here but don’t understand, so please make instructions for dummies learning this.

Hope I’ve not wasted money on my 1st Smart Control Panel

Regards
Roy

Hi Roy,

Having the same issue as you. It seems as though Tuya have locked down the adb shell with a password.

When I try to use adb shell I am asked for Tuya login and password

Unless someone can crack the encryption, I don’t think we’re going to be sideloading any time soon :slightly_frowning_face:

Thanks for getting back to me… This is the first time (maybe last) I rely on the internet to convert one of these panels via the OTG. I’m not that up on programming and only tried using Blakadders instructions :frowning: I’ve not even saw a password login. I followed the instruction ‘after adb devices -l’ then ‘adb shell setprop persist.adb.tcp.port 5555’ and got ‘error: closed’ back, nothing about a password?
Maybe I’m not sending the right commands in ADB?

Let me know if you get anywhere with yours or we both have nice paperweights…

The issue why you get error:closed is because the adb shell is password protected now (so any commands that start with adb shell will be rejected).

Unless someone manages to reverse engineer or crack the password, we’re sadly SOL.

You are trying to use instructions intended for a different panel named T6E which is also silkscreened on the PCB. What you have is, as mentioned in the op “board looks totally different”, a device with different hardware and thus should not expect the guide for T6E to work

Hi, Roy,

This is Shiny, international business manager from SMATEK ELECTRONICS LIMITED in Shenzhen, China.

Are you using my T6E and would like to install Home Assistant?

Our T6E/S6E Wireless connect via Network ADB connect IP to install customers’ APK

If you are still confuse, welcome to contact me for further support:

Mob(Wechat/whatsApp): +8613728752243 | Skype: luoszchina

Email: [email protected]

Hi, friend,

This is Shiny, international business manager from SMATEK ELECTRONICS LIMITED in Shenzhen, China.

Are you using my T6E and would like to install Home Assistant?

Our 4" T6E/S6E Wireless connect via Network ADB connect IP to install customers’ APK

If you are still confuse, welcome to contact me for further support:

Mob(Wechat/WhatsApp): +8613728752243 | Skype: luoszchina

Email: [email protected]

Heya Blakadder,

I bought the Avatto T6E linked in your guide, and it’s also shipping with this. When I connect an ADB shell to it I am prompted with:

adb shell
Tuya login:

I also didn’t have any luck with getting it to work with ewelink, looks like some manufacturers are locking this down.

Hi ALL,

I think I lucked out as I got a T6E from AliExpress a few days ago and started to follow the directions to link it to HA and when I used ADB it did NOT ask for a password or a Tuya login. I looked at the PCB and it was marked as V 1.0 so I don’t think there was any lock out passwords.

I did have an initial problem hooking to my Wi Fi and after a lot of troubleshooting i found out it didn’t like the spaces in my password. I didn’t want to change the password as i have a lot of Wi Fi devices so i bought a cheap extender and made a new SSID and password (without spaces) and that worked. Interestingly after i disabled the Tuya apps then i went into the standard Android Wi Fi settings and i was able to use the regular password, spaces and all, with no problem.

The other problem i had is that ADB would not connect wirelessly to do all the commands so i did them via the USB connection.

Ultimately i actually got the silly thing to work!

Gerry