Setting up Tuya Zigbee radiator valves

Continuing the discussion from I am totally noob with zigbee and tuya. And i need advice for smart thermostatic radiator valves:

I have some Tuya Zigbee TRVs, but it took me ages to figure out how to connect them. They look like this:

The manual starts out describing an “LR” calibration procedure for the plunger, but it’s really unclear what I’m meant to do during that. It seems to wind the plunger all the way out and back in again, but the manual suggests you’re meant to install it at some magical point in the middle of that process. Anyone got any advice relating to that?

Next I want to pair it, however, it’s not clear how to get to the pairing mode. If I press and hold the button, it switches to “child lock mode”. Pressing three times (as others have mentioned) doesn’t do anything.

The manual suggests that you get to pairing mode from the “OF” (i.e. off) mode and hold the button. The manual doesn’t say how to get to OF mode – but it’s kind of stupidly obvious with hindsight – just turn the temperature down to below 5°. From here you can press and hold the button and it changes the display to “–”, which is pairing mode, and then HA was able to pair it. I have zigbee2mqtt installed, but this seems unnecessary as it paired directly from my Zigbee dongle with ZHA.

1 Like

Mine says ‘LA’ when I put batteries in, and I don’t get the “–” you have when I hold down the button on off mode. I have a wifi symbol that flashes. Any thoughts on why that might be?