Setup failed for dependencies: timer

Greetings,
after a long time today I updated the HA version from 2022.03.01 to 2022.11.05, but there is a timer error that I don’t know how to explain: “Setup failed for dependencies: timer”, it is as if timer was unknown . If I go back to the old version instead I have no problems. Can anyone help me?
Thank you

Depending on setup type, you need to take care of updating system libraries yourself, outside of home assistant. Are you sure all is up-to-date?

By the way, there must be more detail on the source of error, failure of setting up timer is the result, share more from logs.

Hello @anon63427907 ,
thank you for reply. my HA installation is on a Synology NAS via Docker. Every time I update HA I download the new available image and replace the old one. Regarding the update of the libraries, among the integrations I don’t see any update requests. I was prompted to update HACS and I did, but the timer issue is still there. These are the two related log lines:

2022-12-03 13:22:27.363 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Unable to set up dependencies of default_config. Setup failed for dependencies: timer
2022-12-03 13:22:27.367 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup failed for default_config: (DependencyError(...), 'Could not setup dependencies: timer')

There is also this:

Logger: homeassistant.setup
Source: setup.py:184
First occurred: 13:22:27 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 13:22:27

Setup failed for default_config: (DependencyError(...), 'Could not setup dependencies: timer')

Thank you.

No solution?

We need to get more information from here

(DependencyError(...)

Pleas check more on error logs, somewhere there you should see more information so we can find out what exactly is missing.

And please double check if you have other warnings or errors prior to this.

Hello @anon63427907, Sorry for the delay in the response.
I just installed version 2022.12.0 and the error still exists. I’ve attached the log here:

2022-12-10 12:59:11.615 WARNING (SyncWorker_2) [homeassistant.loader] We found a custom integration timer which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant
2022-12-10 12:59:15.077 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Error during setup of component timer
File "/config/custom_components/timer/__init__.py", line 144, in async_setup
2022-12-10 12:59:18.901 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Unable to set up dependencies of default_config. Setup failed for dependencies: timer
2022-12-10 12:59:18.905 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup failed for default_config: (DependencyError(...), 'Could not setup dependencies: timer')

but I don’t really understand much about it. There are several reported issues, but for me the most pressing one is related to the timer. Thanks again

Found how to fix the error here:
Link
Thanks to @Pro2col for sharing.

1 Like