Setup failed for image: Integration not found

Hello everyone,

I’ve just updated my Home Assistant and now I’m getting the following error on every boot:

2023-01-05 14:12:55.521 DEBUG (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Bus:Handling <Event component_loaded[L]: component=history>
2023-01-05 14:12:55.601 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup failed for image: Integration not found.
2023-01-05 14:12:55.606 DEBUG (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: entity_id=persistent_notification.invalid_config, old_state=None, new_state=<state persistent_notification.invalid_config=notifying; message=The following integrations and platforms could not be set up:

Please check your config and logs., title=Invalid config, friendly_name=Invalid config @ 2023-01-05T14:12:55.605783+00:00>>

I’ve included the log immediately before and after to see if context is of any help.

Any idea what’s causing this?

Thanks!

Well, turns out I was using “Image:” on the configuration.yaml due to not using the default config and something happened to it.

I’ve removed that line and everything is fine now.

Had the same issue, removed the " image:" entry and all seems fine now too.

Same thing happened to me, and i fixed it like you did. It would be nice to know the reason for this anomaly.

Same here…
It seems to me that this integration was removed, since THIS official “image” page is missing…??? (Integration not found)…
But, i didn’t notice any warning about integration being removed…
What was for, anyway…?

first item under breaking changes of 2023.1: Happy New Year of the voice! - Home Assistant noted that the image integration was renamed to image_upload

3 Likes

I missed that one. Since i only read what concerns me, i skipped it. I didn’t connect terms “image upload” and “image”…
Thanks for info!

Rather than deleting the integration the solution is to rename it to:

image_upload:
3 Likes