Setup HA in Docker container to use LAN-address

Hi
I have installed Docker in Windows 10, forked the HA Core repository and opened the container in Visual Studio Code. When I run HA via the start task, HA runs and I can access it on localhost/127.0.1.
This is fine :slight_smile:
But, I would like to allow HA to acces my LAN, for instance to allow discovery of SONOS and other possible integrations.
Is this possible - and how?

Are you setting up a development environment?

Yes - and I need to be able to add integrations in order to develop :smiley:

I run it that way. Configure the container to use the host networking.

Unfortunately Host networking will not work on a windows install. You can only use host networking in Linux, which is mentioned in the docker documentation here.

The only way I’m aware of to run on windows and get discovery to work is in a VM like virtual box.

Hi
Th reason for using Docker in the first place, was the ability to stay on Visual Studio Code, which I’m used to.
What would be the best setup on a virtual machine for dev. purposes? I mean, I guess I could make a virtual Win 10 and run Docker on that, but that seems like many loops to go through :smiley:

I’ve installed a VM on Windows but haven’t done any development personally. This developer documentation might help though.

See, that’s what I actually did (read the page, followed the instructions). Unfortunately, the page mentions nowhere, that you are not able to work with integrations, when setting Docker up on Windows. Quite unfortunate, as most people will probably work on excactly that; integrations.