Setup no name cheap IP wireless camera

Hi Guys.
Trying to connect cheap IP camera. Using generic camera intergration

Details about camera

Bosiwo 1080P Outdoor Security Camera,Compatible with Alexa,IP66 Waterproof WiFi Bullet Camera, Wireless IP Camera System with 82ft Night Vision,Motion

So, far no luck - I can see following error in logs.

2023-03-26 22:14:28.286 ERROR (stream_worker) [homeassistant.components.stream.stream.test_stream] Error from stream worker: Error opening stream (ERRORTYPE_111, Connection refused) rtsp://****:****@192.168.178.35

I have found this page https://www.makeuseof.com/how-to-control-cctv-camera-home-assistant/ and I was trying different end points to set up my camera. So far does not work :frowning:

Any Idea?

Have you considered reading the manual for the cam, and eventually describing in details, what you have done, and how , i.e config etc.
From the info provided i would say, wrong username, wrong password wrong IP, wrong port, wrong network

But most likely Wrong url, … Read the manual for the cam if you dont have one, google for it …

Hi, I can not find manual I know this brand could be clone of anything else. What I find is just how to connect to mobile app. I can connect using mobile app MIPC. I was trying to find anything useful in this app, just IP found, not even port. I guess port is 80 as I can login to app using browser.
Password/user are correct as I am using the same in mobile app. I guess URL is wrong, but not sure how can I google it to find out.

Regards

try with default rtsp port

trying but still the same issue;

2023-03-27 00:07:03.482 ERROR (stream_worker) [homeassistant.components.stream.stream.test_stream] Error from stream worker: Error opening stream (ERRORTYPE_111, Connection refused) rtsp://****:****@192.168.178.35:554

Read “Lesson learned 4”

Try the link below, it show how to connect to a “bosiwo” IP camera.

rtsp://username:[email protected]:554/live/ch00_0

https://camlytics.com/camera/chinese

1 Like

Thank you - looks like I can scrap this camera

2023-03-27 00:23:56.822 ERROR (stream_worker) [homeassistant.components.stream.stream.test_stream] Error from stream worker: Error opening stream (ERRORTYPE_111, Connection refused) rtsp://****:****@192.168.178.35:554/live/ch00_0

You can have it as an “external”, always good with alternativs if main system is unavailable, i have a D-Link that also seems locked to their APP, didn’t bother to investigate it further, so i just have it in the APP, And it actually works in Google-Home(D-Link - linked to Google-Home)

PS: And check your mobile-app, if there is somewhere something like a username/password for external ( I.E Camera-Account )

Camera Account is different from APP Account , As Camera Account is used for external access

Have you try ONVIF integration port 8000

Try nmap to see if it can guess the OS, which might give you a clue.

Other than that, stop buying crap!