Setup of light platform flux_led is taking over 10 seconds

Hi,
in my configuration with many, many devices, I have a couple of led strip with the flux_led platform.
They have worked as charm for months. Now it’s about two or three hass.io updates that they are not accessible. If I restart home assistant, sometime one of two comes online.
In the log I see
Setup of light platform flux_led is taking over 10 seconds.
Is it possible to improve this timeout?
The devices work perfectly with they native app, it looks they need more time to setup.
Someone has some hint to give me?
Thank you.

@musicaecomputer use this code as custom component and it should work properly.
The delay however is still present…

dear friend thanks for your kind answer.
I’m a newbie in modifing hass.io, so something it’s not clear.
A created the custom component in the folder config/custom_components. Then?
There is something else to do?
Thanks.

EDIT: I solved. Thanks

@musicaecomputer
Hi Maurizio,

I have the same issue but I’m not clear at the custom component part. Could you explain how you solved it? :wink:

2 Likes

Sorry for reply to old thread. I have lots of errors with flux_led integration, here is couple of them from log:

2021-02-09 14:24:32 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.light] Setup of light platform flux_led is taking over 10 seconds. 2021-02-09 14:30:13 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity] Update of light.kitchen is taking over 10 seconds 2021-02-09 15:04:42 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity] Update of light.kitchen is taking over 10 seconds 2021-02-09 15:05:42 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity] Update of light.kitchen is taking over 10 seconds 2021-02-09 15:33:43 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity] Update of light.kitchen is taking over 10 seconds 2021-02-09 15:40:13 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity] Update of light.kitchen is taking over 10 seconds 2021-02-09 16:13:43 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity] Update of light.kitchen is taking over 10 seconds

How do i update / change exist light.py to fix these errors ? I have been search whole google to change light.py file to updated one, but didn’t find any tips for it…

Where would we find the file to replace?

The update stalls should be fixed in 2021.11 once its released