"Setup of zone is taking over 10 seconds" Issue

I’m going a little crazy here. I can’t seem to debug this log error. I’ll be honest I’m not even 100% sure what it means.

Logger: homeassistant.setup
Source: runner.py:188
First occurred: 11:11:13 PM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 11:11:13 PM

Setup of zone is taking over 10 seconds.

Some looking around online made me think this might be linked to ZHA. But I disabled ZHA and rebooted just to see what happened. The error popped up again. Anyone have a direction I can point towards to figure this out?

I’m running HA on Yellow hardware. I changed the CM4 module a few weeks back but I wasn’t checking the logs regularly so I can’t say if the error started before or after the swap.

I’m running ‘HA Container’ on a RPi and always have one integration that takes 10 seconds or longer to setup after a restart (it’s a different one every time). It doesn’t stop HA from fully functioning.

I think that HA struggles to do everything at once during a restart and as such, this is the integration that is last in the setup queue (so to speak). It still will setup though!

I guess that a more powerful machine won’t have this warning though.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply.

Glad to know it’s nothing on my end to debug. I don’t notice any issues with the hardware itself. Seems to run perfect. Guess it’s just the nature of the beast.

With the upgraded CM4 I just installed, I don’t plan on changing hardware anytime soon. But I’ve already guessed my next phase would most likely be a NUC type device.