Share your Floorplan

I’m starting to get the hang of how to use this add-on but I’m all out of inspiration on how to model my floorplan. Let’s share our plans for others to nick ideas from. :slight_smile:

There is a tutorial to get started here:

9 Likes

This is what my setup currently looks like. The green frame around my portrait turns red when I’m not at home.

3 Likes

how did you get to model your floorplan currently?

how did you generate that floorplan/image?

I started using the Stanley Floorplan app to measure up my apartment. To get correct distances, I used their laser measurement that has built-in Bluetooth and automatically updates the app. Something like this should work too, even though you need to type in the measures yourself.

Once that was done, I used the Stanley app to export the plan to svg-format, after which I opened it in Inkscape to continue editing. The symbols are from the Noun Project.

4 Likes

Here is my current lay out.

31 Likes

HI there. Just throwing a curve ball into this thread :-). I have this SVG representing our Ring doorbell.It maps to the following sensors from HA:

• sensor.ring_salon_battery
  • sensor.ring_salon_last_activity
  • sensor.ring_salon_last_ding

Not the typical use case for the Floorplan, but it shows that you can use it for other purposes.

(Oops… I’d better charge that battery!!!)

8 Likes

Here’s my foray into the project.
Still have a lot to do- just bought this house and still waiting on a bunch more Z-Wave switches and camera system, but that will all get added. Mean time, I got the lights working and front door lock status and such. Oh, and my Nest is reporting data as well. The only thing I don’t currently like is that lock icon- be it green for unlocked or red for locked, that thing is Fugly with a capital “F.” But, that’s an easy fix.

9 Likes

Really neat! It’d be cool to use a drone to take a picture of a garden for instance and then embed different sensors into the high-res picture.

3 Likes

thanks for sharing your methods ggravlingen - will have a go myself too

1 Like

Here’s my current setup, still have a lot to do including many additional devices to be added and adjusting the status colours but it’s a good start!

8 Likes

@stanvx Looks great. Did you create that from scratch in Inkscape?

@pkozul I used the Android App Floorplan Creator, exported to SVG then heavily modified the layout using Inkscape.
Cheers for all your hard work on HA Floorplan!

@stanvx No probs. Sharing your approach is really helpful to for others who want to get the floorplan up and running. Maybe we should start creating a How To guide on creating the actual floorplan SVG itself.

9 Likes

That would definitely be helpful! Cover stuff available online as well as downloadable software.

I wrote one down: https://github.com/pkozul/ha-floorplan/blob/master/own-floorplan-svg-file-tutorial.md

6 Likes

I’ve now migrated more or less everything in my setup to Floorplan :tada:

4 Likes

Looks great. What sort of devices are you using this on? Tablets?

How did you end up implementing the scenes buttons getting shown/hidden?

I’m sure the plants are happy they have become first class citizens :slight_smile:

1 Like

Here’s my work in progress. It’s hard to tell in this shot, but individual rooms/walls are highlighted based on light status and/or based on movement.

I’m working through a custom component for a “room” that includes information about presence, lights as a group, door access, windows, temp, humidity, and occupancy. Long way away from completion.

Used AutoDesk Graphic for iPad Pro for the SVG.

7 Likes

Thanks! Currently on my computer (Chrome) and iPad but I’ve ordered a Kindle Fire to use as my main house controller.

The buttons ended up being of type input_boolean and for there’s a pull request in your repo, including documentation in the readme-file, for the code in floorplan.yaml and ha-floorplan.html. :slight_smile: I just click the button and the layer containing the scenes buttons are shown/hidden.

Throwing out my progress so far, this is so much fun.

Each room lights up when the lights are on, doors are “animated”. I am thinking about moving towards a dark theme though.

20 Likes