Share your Floorplan

Thank you, here it is: https://github.com/Haynie-Research-and-Development/jarvis

Here is mine so far. The people icon is for occupancy.

4 Likes

can you share your floorplan.yaml

just starting to play, want to see how to use media players

What’s the bee icon?

Ecobee thermostats.

1 Like

Here’s my floor plan, a work in progress but mostly complete. The builder of my townhouse puts floorplans on their website. So I imported it and traced it in Autodesk Graphic (https://graphic.com/) and exported the svg file.

It shows the following devices

• zwave: door sensors, schlage lock, pir motion, and garage door sensor
  • lights: lutron casetta switches, and osram lightify led strips and bulbs
  • tvs: harmony hubs
  • shades: lutron serena shades in bedroom
  • ring door bell motion
  • juicebox evse for my electric car
  • ecobee thermostat and sensors
14 Likes

I have 3 floors (plus garage but at the moment no IOT inside the garage), What would you suggest. One floorplan with 3 floors, or 3 floorplans?

WHich is the best user expereince in your opinion?

My Floorplan Version 3.0. layout created with Sims4. saved SS as png and applied to inkspace.
Searched my car’s models on google as png and used in car tracking for a more realist view, even added wheels animation for a cool effect.
More to come soon!

12 Likes

That looks awesome. I really like the clean look of this. Well done!

I used Sweet Home 3D which is completely free on PC. All you really need to do is measure each of your rooms with a tape measure and put them all into the software. You can either leave it as a 2D plan or create a full 3D model with furniture etc. I haven’t done one for my new house yet so don’t have it set up in HA, but hopefully soon. The software allows free export to SVG so no cost at all to use. I was pretty happy with it and it didn’t take me long at all to create a full 3D model. (for my last house I actually had the original house plans which the software allows you to import and use as a guide to draw on top of)

Depends on your use of it. Ideally I would want one tablet with a plan of the whole house by the front door for security purposes, and then one tablet downstairs and one upstairs with the corresponding plan for only that floor to control things. I am now doing one for the whole house since I only have one tablet at the moment…

Looks awesome @oakbrad! Where did you get the icons (like the bulbs) from?

I got everything from https://thenounproject.com/

I did a lot of work on it thanks to the help and ideas in this thread. What do you all use for making animated screenshots? Adding subtle animations really makes a difference (filaments in the bulbs ‘glow’, fans spin, etc). Still working on top left but bottom row is scenes, weather info, where car is parked map, and toggle plant icon visibility.

13 Likes

If anyone’s interested, I just finished, and published a stand for use with a qi wireless charger, specifically for my Nexus 7’s, but would work with any Android tablet that supports qi wireless charging. It’s over on Thingiverse.

Next version will allow for wall mounting, and adjustable viewing angle.

6 Likes

I was lucky enough to find a nexus 7 2012 landscape pogo pin charger on ebay for a reasonable cost.
Shame the device is a bit slow these days, but the dock does work nicely.

My Nexus 7 2012 was not usable for this at all. It would drain the battery faster then it could be charged with the display always on. With motion detection for the screen it would take up to a minute to respond to any button presses on the touchscreen. I got a fire 7 warehouse deal for 35 €…way better!

~Cheers

Yeah the nexus 7 is getting a bit long in the tooth…

My Fire 7 is pretty slow to respond actually, takes a while to respond after waking. I wonder if I need to scale back the animations. Any of you with more complicated floorplans having responsiveness issues on the Fire?

I have issues with the fire 7 being slow occasionally as well. No idea what causes it.

I removed all my CSS animations and it works a lot better now. It’s still a little slow at times but before it was totally unusable. Biggest difference was made by turning off the animation for motion detection.

Too bad it looked so good on my laptop with all the animations :frowning: