Share your Floorplan

Hi guys, this is my floorplan so far.

I am experiencing a delay with the CSS animations tho, sometimes it takes a 2-3 second delay. is anybody else experiencing that?

I’ve even tried just a short page with one entity and 2 circles as test button clicks, but it still the same 2-3 seconds of delay to toggle my CSS display: none and display: block.

3 Likes

Your floorplan looks very nice. How did you intigrate you’re floorlevels in home assistant. I can’t find the right documentation, how to configure two floorplans. Do I have to setup two kind off floorplan.yaml. Maybe you would like to share you’re config with me?

Hi, thank you! It’s actually just a super long canvas exported in SVG. I have my clickable entities named properly. The only thing I changed in the ha-floorplan.html is the height of the svgelement from “100%” to “auto”, this forces your svg file to be 100% width all the time, honoring the height of your svg canvas and allowing it to be scrollable.

Really nice floorplan ! great work !!!
Could you please share with me your svg/config ? :slight_smile:

Lovelace cards:

floorplan

Hi. Out of interest how have you integrated your Warmup system into Home Assistant?

Hi Friends,

While I was trying to create a floorplan, it occured to me why not I try a different one. I took a photo of each room [to begin with 3] and from the jpg I created an svg file thru lnkskape and now this is working. Here the difference is the actual lights and fans, TV are the clickable one to switch on and off. No separate icons and actual position of the entities. As you move the cursor to the light or fan, the bubble comes up to tell the status and it is clickable.

The bubble will look like this. image

Let me have your views on this thought

I use this floorplan on a tablet in the livingroom.
Still looking for a way to use custom fonts. To make the text area look more slick

2 Likes

reminds me of the sims lol, looks awesome

I love your theme! black white and blue is really dope

Custom fonts work fine.
Example:

Set the font in your SVG editor. This font is called “Stark” :wink:
Installing it onto a tablet maybe problematic tho.

Thx, But i use lovelace. But i got it working. I loaded a css file as resource.
This works great.

I have your same problem. how did you solve it?

Really nice, what software do you use to draw?

I use Inkscape to make the images then export them to png files

Does it work? Seems to be only an image

Of course it work, I took a floorplan/3d break i’ll resume next weeks and post new updates

Ciao Matteo, mi piace molto il tuo floorplan… condivideresti i tuoi files?

Hi Everybody,
Been lurking here for awhile now, getting ideas, and figuring out how to do things. This is what I have come up with. I use this on a 23" android tablet. Let me know what you think and thank everyone for giving me ideas on how to do this.
I have had our home DIY automated for the last 10 years (started with X-10 back then) but no central control panel. Now with the help of Dr. Zz’s channel, the forum, Home Assistant and the Floorplan add on we now have this. We have several automatons, curtain opens at 7:30am and closes at 5:30pm (will be timed to sunrise and sunset). The bay window lights and the light by the pantry door also come on at 5:30pm. The porch lights come on at 6pm and goes off at 10:30pm. The bath fan is controlled by a humidity sensor and turns on and off automatically according to the humidity. I have more to add, I want a motion detector for the light in the pantry, electronic locks on the doors and to replace my analog cameras with POE IP cameras.
Here’s a video with Lovelace and Floorplan

Running Hass.io on Intel x86_64 running ProxMox
HA version: 0.88.2

8 Likes

can you share the code?