Share your Floorplan

Just want to bring to your attention a gauge example @pkozul added to the Home Example somewhat recently. You will see it in the bottom left.

I have taken it and used it for my solar tracking which looks way better than the simple text I had before.

I have also knocked up the following to show that you can make any type of rotating gauge. Get your creative juices flowing!

Hi all, i want to share my floorplan projects:
Home Panel:

Lights on and off in real time:

Alarm,Doors and windows open/close:

Motion sensors:

Cameras:

Relative Humidity %, Temperatures,etc…sensors:

Vacuum cleaner room management:

More to be done in Energy management.

7 Likes

Nice. Looks like you are using picture-elements?

Yes, you’re right. I think it’s more flexible.
I realize floorplans with Sweet Home 3d, a lot of work…then import all the jpeg in picture-elements cards and complete with various custom button cards, custom integrations, card-mod etc…

Looks good! Just an FYI though, this thread is for ha-floorplan :+1: Some good inspiration though!

It’s true, i’m sorry. my mistake. I didn’t realize this thread it’s for floorplan custom integration.
I apologize for off topic.

Lots of people might look at Gabriele’s dashboards above and wish sometimes that ha-floorplan could include other cards. Whilst it can’t you will find you can create just about any card with floorplan. Here is the much used weather card recreated in ha-floorplan. You can’t see in this still picture but in real life the weather icons are animated SVGs.

I am considering trying to change all my dashboards to use ha-floorplan!

2 Likes

Now you have me thinking…I was going to modify my fork of the animated weather card but this seems so much easier to make changes. I never considered this as an option to use floorplan. I’ve only done the full dashboard screen with floorplan, I’ll have to see how this works out. Do you mind posting your code for above?

Sure I posted it on GitHub Weather Card · Discussion #324 · ExperienceLovelace/ha-floorplan · GitHub

Hi did you can share your code? I try to do something similar for my server room and I really like your animation :slight_smile: thank

Another “actually not a floorplan” floorplan.

An animated, simple info/control for the car. Here are a few quick examples (only things I could do from the comfort of the couch :slight_smile: ):

Doors closed, not charging, charge limit 80% Trunk, frunk open, charging, charge limit 100%

But any door will show as open on the main image when opened, and the faded part of the charge bar will show as charging (gradually filling in) the part between current charge at set charge limit.

I’ve added everything here, including an svg template and guide to get the correctly cropped images of your own car, in case you have a different color/model you’d like to use with this.

2 Likes

wow impressive. do you mind sharing your code please?

That was done with picture-elements not ha-floorplan but you could do most if not all of it with floorplan but you will have to do the hard work yourself I’m afraid…

I’ve already started with picture elements. Seems too complicated with ha-flooorplan for me to start

This thread is for ha-floorplan. You need to move your questions to “configuration”

I created my floorplan using floorplannner. How do you guys get the cool lighting effects on yours to show when the lights are on and off?

Please read the docs before asking. Floorplan for Home Assistant

I’ve used that documentation to create my floorplan and have it working. I’ve watched many of his videos. I get how to toggle an overlay to darken the room or to toggle a light bulb etc. My question was really more for those whom used floorplanner in ha-floorplan as to how did you get the rooms to look like the lights are on in the room. My image looks a bit dark and not well lit. I was just hoping for a tip to lead me in the right direction.

I guess I may not be able to give you a direct answer as I didn’t use floorplanner, I used SweetHome3D but the usual approach is you generate two images, a darker one for lights off and a bright one for lights on.

You then crop out each room from your lights on image and overlay that on the dark image and then control the visibility of that with ha-floorplan.

If you are after specific floorplanner instructions I can only suggest starting with section 5d here http://cdn.floorplanner.com/static/brochures/Floorplanner+editor+manual+version+180219.pdf

I am particularly interested in people icon for occupancy. Would you mind sharing related yaml/svg?