Share your Floorplan

Thank you for this ill give it a go

Can I ask though what is #DOMAIN referring to ?

cheers

EDIT: OK I got the animation working but its anchor point is off the screen, im guessing the #domain is my problem can you shed some light one what the placeholder should be referring to ?
thanks

Thanks! I actually have been wanting to do that but haven’t gotten around to it. I will be implementing that one soon.

I believe I added the div starting at line 17 as well as line 11 on this file: https://github.com/Haynie-Research-and-Development/jarvis/blob/master/panels/downstairs.html

It’s probably redundant, but it didn’t hurt anything to have it twice. I don’t remember having a fitting problem, but it could be your SVG. I made sure my SVG dimensions matched the resolution of my Pi screen.

1 Like

Just an FYI, if you setup your Raspberry Pi like I did, this will not work. I didn’t install lightdm or any window manager. I am only using straight x server. I didn’t want to waste resources on window/desktop manager system I wouldn’t ever use since I am always running HA in kiosk mode.

This did however help me find the right direction to remove the cursor though, so very helpful. I updated my X server script to have the nocursor option, which did in fact remove it.

1 Like

Domain is the thing of the entity id before the dot. So an entity_id looks like this

input_boolean.tv_switch

input_boolean would be the domain and tv_switch the entity. So for you it’s probably sensor or binary_sensor.

~Cheers

1 Like

thankyou that fixes it, working great now

cheers

1 Like

I had the same issue.
Discovered like you that when you un-comment the “hide_app_toolbar” option in floorplan.yaml I got an white bar across the bottom of the page.

Playing around I found that if I deleted this line in floorplan.html, and commented out the “hide_app_toolbar” again the white space vanished

<app-toolbar hidden$='{{!showAppToolbar}}'>
      <ha-menu-button narrow='[[narrow]]' show-menu='[[showMenu]]'></ha-menu-button>
      <div main-title>[[panel.title]]</div>
    </app-toolbar>

Hope that helps

Hmm, oddly, that didn’t seem to do it. What are the view box dimensions you’re using?

COould you share your setup pleaase ? I LOVE IT! and I want exactly something like this!!!

Thank you, here it is: https://github.com/Haynie-Research-and-Development/jarvis

Here is mine so far. The people icon is for occupancy.

4 Likes

can you share your floorplan.yaml

just starting to play, want to see how to use media players

What’s the bee icon?

Ecobee thermostats.

1 Like

Here’s my floor plan, a work in progress but mostly complete. The builder of my townhouse puts floorplans on their website. So I imported it and traced it in Autodesk Graphic (https://graphic.com/) and exported the svg file.

It shows the following devices

• zwave: door sensors, schlage lock, pir motion, and garage door sensor
  • lights: lutron casetta switches, and osram lightify led strips and bulbs
  • tvs: harmony hubs
  • shades: lutron serena shades in bedroom
  • ring door bell motion
  • juicebox evse for my electric car
  • ecobee thermostat and sensors
14 Likes

I have 3 floors (plus garage but at the moment no IOT inside the garage), What would you suggest. One floorplan with 3 floors, or 3 floorplans?

WHich is the best user expereince in your opinion?

My Floorplan Version 3.0. layout created with Sims4. saved SS as png and applied to inkspace.
Searched my car’s models on google as png and used in car tracking for a more realist view, even added wheels animation for a cool effect.
More to come soon!

12 Likes

That looks awesome. I really like the clean look of this. Well done!

I used Sweet Home 3D which is completely free on PC. All you really need to do is measure each of your rooms with a tape measure and put them all into the software. You can either leave it as a 2D plan or create a full 3D model with furniture etc. I haven’t done one for my new house yet so don’t have it set up in HA, but hopefully soon. The software allows free export to SVG so no cost at all to use. I was pretty happy with it and it didn’t take me long at all to create a full 3D model. (for my last house I actually had the original house plans which the software allows you to import and use as a guide to draw on top of)

Depends on your use of it. Ideally I would want one tablet with a plan of the whole house by the front door for security purposes, and then one tablet downstairs and one upstairs with the corresponding plan for only that floor to control things. I am now doing one for the whole house since I only have one tablet at the moment…