Share your HADashboard setups

@ReneTode I’ve some issues with alarm panel. It pops up directly to put in the code but it’s wrongly scaled and I can’t close it …any idea ?

probably something to do with a skin.

What dashboard are you using? looks awesome!

Hadashboard with iframe and custom css

Way out of my league, looks awesome tho!

Not really… i also am not a genious :slight_smile: Try and error and HOURS of work :stuck_out_tongue:

I am actually trying out some of the mobile apps. The ONLY app I am really convinced of is HomeHabit. Unfortunately this project is not really known here in this community I fear:

Here some screens (it’s shared from the forum of the app :slight_smile: Just to push those project a bit here.):

hmm project rotini was started ages ago and those who signed up at first sometimes needed to wait for a long time before there was any response.

for android apps i think that ariela has way better changes, because the guy building that is almost daily on it and that project is growing fast.

I completely agree…I also tested it ages ago but since then there were a lot of improvement and features. As I’m fan of design I chose those

But you are right the project is realllllyyy slowly and not really active bit see:

Looks awesome I think … I just use this app for mobile use and it really looks pretty cool to me

yeah looks nice, i would use dashboard for that :wink:

Cause it’s yours I totally agree with you but it’s very easy and fast to setup. I use your wonderful dashboard in walk-in touchscreen and I’m more than happy with it :wink: bit for New comers and no coders I think it’s a nice start

nothing from me. i helped structuring it, i created some widgets, but Dashboard is mostly created by @aimc :wink:

it seems a bit like its mine, because i did most of the support the last years :wink:

o…sorry! when will V4 be released and what are the new features in fact? any ideas?

i am unable to say when V4 will be released. Andrew is very busy IRL and there is still a lot to do before he is satisfied for a beta release.
but most of the new features are for the appdaemon part and not for the dashboard part.

he promised me that when V4 is out we will start working on renewing the dashboard part.
i have lots of ideas on how to make dashboard more flexible. sharable javascripts for instance, that will enable the option to add things like popup or doubleclick to every widget.

so in yaml you could do:

widget_name:
  entity: a.a
  widget_type: something
  actions:
    click: toggle
    doubleclick: navigate
      url: some_url
    longpress: popup
      entity: b.b
      widget_type: something_else

but like i said that will probably be V5.

Thanks for the nice update. Then we will wait for further information but javascript sounds very interesting and good for mobile devices as well. For the time being i’ll stick to appdaemon as it is and wait further releases.

I really appreciated feature for dashboard would be entity_id autocompletition … RTSP or direct stream for cctv etc. maybe better climate inclusion and media player support. but as I said i am satisfied according to my needs so far :slight_smile:

entity_id completion is not something that can be done with AD.
just because you can edit the files from AD with ANY kind of texteditor that works with plain text. (wordpad, word, etc.) so in that case you need another program that is aware from the entities. (might be something that the addon can do for hassio)

RTSP streaming in a browser is extremely complicated. i am not able to find any kind of possibility without using some external application. i have been trying myself, but if i can find a way to play RTSP with a browser its impossible to integrate it in AD.
browsers dont support RTSP on there own.

for climate there are som many people wishing so many things and there are hundreds of climate widgets online available that can be used in an iframe. its hard to create something like that, for sure when you dont use it (like me)

same goes for mediaplayer. i really dont see the use for mediaplayers on a dashboard.
you might want to start a radiostation on a media device (use a switch) or might want to have the option to chose from several stations (use an input_select) you might want to type the name of a song or artist (use input_text) you might want to control volume (use input_slider)

i have a start and stop switch on the dashboard for radio. and everything else goes through alexa :wink:
i must say that i havent seen much people experimenting with mediaplayers in dashboard. if so we would probably already have an example from something better :wink:

I’ve been trying to figure out how to get a tile with a thermostat temperature and + and - symbols, like Rene Tote’s Huiskamer thermostaat 1 or similar to Zen’s Laundry Room Lights. Where is it hiding?

Thanks!

use the climate widget

Thanks!

Sounds obvious, right? But it looks like I’ll have to fully implement the HA Climate entity, which seems gratuitously complicated. The default card is a dial control. Uggh.

Thanks again.

i expected that you had a climate entity already and wanted that on a dashboard.
there is also the input_number and input_slider widget that you can use.

remember, dashboard can only show things that you already have implemented in HA.
and if you have implemented entities in HA you dont need to use them in the HA frontend, when you got them on a dashboard.