Share your Tablet/Desktop Dashboards

Hi - love the left hand pane…is this a picture-element? Would you mind sharing your code?

I will try to see if I can make a list of what is needed + the Dashboard yaml code.

1 Like

hey @kleinerhobbit amazing work. could you please share your yaml code? also your icons and everything looks amazing is that a theme?

Hi @bachoo786

Thank you for your appreciation.
Nice when i can inspire other people.

I will DM you later on.

Cheers.

1 Like

Ok mate patiently waiting :raised_hands:t3: thanks

Hey Gasolli
Thank you som much for sharing! I try to manage your setup to fit our needs.
As doing this, i try to figure your setup.
Can you help me a bit?
On the site for Weather/climate, i can see you refer to a helper (input_number.vaermelding_hjelper).
How is this helper? and what do you get from pressing “ute”, “stue”, “gang”.
Hope you can help a bit.
THANKS!!!

Amazing dashboard! Would you like to share your yaml with me? Where did you find the icons?

Hi @nabil1989

The Icons are free available. Have to search for the site.
I send you PM with the link of the yaml later when im back home.

Hi, what tablet did you use?
thx

Hi @captaincanada

It’s a Galaxy Tab A7. :slight_smile:

Hi, how do you find the A7 for this purpose? I know it’s fairly light-duty and doesn’t put much demand on the tablet as such, but is the screen quite responsive during interactions, without any juddering or lag? I’m looking into buying a tablet for this purpose as I don’t have one lying around that I can repurpose, but I don’t want to spend a fortune! Thanks

Hi, how do you find the A7 for this purpose? I know it’s fairly light-duty and doesn’t put much demand on the tablet as such, but is the screen quite responsive during interactions, without any juddering or lag?

Good questions! Well if i have to be honest, waking-up the screen/tablet is quite laggy. Sometimes it reacts pretty fast on motion and most of the times you need to hit the screen with your fist before it reacts. Well, that’s how it feels like before it responds… I think this has probably to do with the fact that Samsung has it own layer on Android which makes it more bloated but that’s nothing more than a gut feeling.

I am going to try to put Android on the tablet with the Samsung layer but i’ve seen the steps you need to take to get this done. Let’s just say the steps will make you sweat.

screen quite responsive during interactions

Yes! When the screen is enabled (enabling is the laggy part of the device) the device is responsive! Swiping, clicking and stuff feels very comfortable :slight_smile: . You don’t have to “press” the screen, clicking is enough so a modern tablet is a + when picking a tablet for your home assistant.

I’m looking into buying a tablet for this purpose as I don’t have one lying around that I can repurpose, but I don’t want to spend a fortune! Thanks

I did some research too before i spend my money on a tablet. I was in doubt and tried to find some reviews from different people to find out speed and reactness for different tablets. I made this choice because of the hardware. So i hope by tweaking the tablet a bit in the future and rooting the firmware will create a boost.

I hope i answered your questions a bit.

Long story short i’m very happy with the tablet except for the laggy wake-up of the tablet.

1 Like

Great, thanks for taking the time to reply with your feedback, much appreciated! That’s very helpful, as I was looking at the A8, if I go the samsung route, and then probably rooting and debloating (once I’ve read the steps required - sounds like it’s going to be complex!) to get the best performance and responsiveness.

I hope you can improve the wake-up lag on your device - does it use the built in proximity sensor to wake the screen?

@gasolli:

BIG THX and BIG APPLAUSE for this Dashboard, your work is fantastic :slight_smile: :slight_smile: I have a question about the light scenes:

What exactly do the different light scenes do? For example, the “Morning” scene: You set a value of “1” for 5 seconds for the entity (translated to english) “selected_scene_light_notification”. What exactly happens then?

And you have some scripts for heating like “script.ok_og_send_onsket_temp_emilie_hjemme” or “script.senk_og_send_temp_emilie_natt”. What do they do exactly and whats the difference between them?

Thx for your Reply :slight_smile:

Can someone tell me how the popup dashboard (in picture 3 and, 4) is called?
thanks, Kobe

My wall-tablet dashboard is finished (for the moment :slight_smile: )

2 Likes

Most likely ‘browser-mod’.

Yes that works, thanks!

Wip

6 Likes

What sidebar is that?