Share your Themes

Hi again Gareth,
I’m trying to make the vertical lines but can’t figure it. Could you please help?
I tried this:

content: |
  ## Καλώς ήρθες, {{user}}
style: |
  ha-card {
    margin: 0px 14px -5px 14px;
    box-shadow: none;
    background: none;
  }
  ha-icon {
    float: right;
  }
  h2 {
    font-size: 26px;
    font-weight: 100;
    padding-left: 10px;
    border-left: 3px solid var(--colour-yellow);
  }
type: markdown

But got this:

Do you just create a manual yaml?

AgMA, sorry for slow response, work got in the way of home assistant tinkering for the last few weeks.

Not sure what happened but something in v111 (may have even been v110, i’ve lost track of time) and since i’d stolen the code form someone else i couldn’t actually see what had broken or try to fix, so have started again with the headings.

As you can see above, i’ve managed to replicate the look with much simpler code, or at least code i understand.

i’ve used this site, to help me with it, gives the output as CSS.

http://selfcss.org/

Here’s the card code, this if for the indented horizontal line:

content: |
  ### Navigation
  ha-card {
    padding: 0px 0px 0px 0px; 
    margin: 0px auto 0px 20px; 
    display: block;
    border-top: 0px; 
    border-left: 10px; 
    border-right: 0px; 
    border-bottom: 0px; 
    border-color: var(--primary-color); 
    border-style: solid;
    border-radius: 0%
  }

Haven’t settled on which look i like but there’s a lot that can be achieved just using the borders:

content: Navigation
  ha-card {
    padding: 0px 0px 0px 0px; 
    margin: 0px auto 0px auto; 
    display: block;
    border-top: 0px; 
    border-left: 10px; 
    border-right: 0px; 
    border-bottom: 1px; 
    border-color: var(--primary-color); 
    border-style: solid;
    border-radius: 0%;
    font-size: 200%;
    font-weight: 150
  }

Gives this:

which i quite like the look of

2 Likes

This code goes to Lovelace?

yes it does

Nah, same result again. What am I missing?

Is it the standard markdown card?
Edit: Found it. Need card-mod plug-in.
@gareth78 ok two more questions (sorry, but I really want to copy your theme :smile:)

1. How did you make the transparent state entity under your photos? I also saw your previous approach had no spaces between photos. Was stack-in-card?
  2. What exactly does status icons do?
    Thanks again mate…

I call it Aurora Frost

4 Likes

do you mind sharing the code?

1 Like

If you like it, but find the ‘template editor’ hard to read I will be happy if you can alter some of the code at the end of the theme file and share with me again… right now I can’t find combination that I find satisfying…

I made a theme named Homekit Infused which was meant to be a simple homekit replacement. The project got a lot bigger than I anticipated :rofl:.

You can check out the links here: https://github.com/jimz011/homekit-infused

Oh and it is available in 11 different colors!

2 Likes

I darkened the midnight theme. I guess it’s even midnighter. You can see what I changed here

1 Like

Hi Adam,
sorry if I ask you again
Your theme is the best in my opinion.
Can you post a fresh link again please ?
Thanks a lot
Denis

Here’s my theme! It’s available on HACs:

I also created two extensions that should go well with this theme, but also every other transparent cards theme:

They both should be available on HACs very soon

9 Likes

That looks amazing mate, Well done.

1 Like

I made my own version of a dark theme slightly transparant

Dark-Sjefske:
# Global
  lovelace-background: 'center / cover no-repeat url("https://cdn.hipwallpaper.com/i/82/46/quiEhb.jpg") fixed'

# Colors
  text-color: '#f0f0f0'                                                           # Grey text
  text-medium-light-color: '#bbbcbf'                                              # Medium-light grey text
  text-medium-color: '#9d9ea3'                                                    # Medium grey text
  text-dark-color: '#7b7c85'                                                      # Dark grey text
  accent-color: '#ffa500'                                                         # Orange
  accent-medium-color: '#d49115'                                                  # Decent orange
  background-color: '#000000'                                                     # BLACK background
  background-color-transp: 'rgba(150, 150, 150, 0.1)'                                   # white transparant background

# Header
  app-header-background-color: 'var(--background-color)'                                          # Background color

# Primair
  primary-color: 'var(--accent-color)'                                 # Sliders + media player 
  divider-color: 'var(--text-medium-color)'
# Text
  text-primary-color: 'var(--text-color)'

# Left Menu
  paper-listbox-background-color: 'var(--background-color)'                     # Background
  sidebar-icon-color: 'var(--text-medium-color)'                                # icons
  sidebar-selected-icon-color: 'var(--text-medium-light-color)'                 # Selected row icon and background (15%)
  sidebar-selected-text-color: 'var(--text-color)'                              # Selected row label

# UI
  paper-card-header-color: 'var(--text-color)'                                  # Title in settings
  primary-background-color: 'var(--background-color)'                           # Background (also title background in left menu)
  mdc-theme-primary: 'var(--accent-medium-color)'                               # Action Buttons (save, restart etc.)
  card-background-color: 'var(--background-color)'                              # Entity Registry Background

# Card
  paper-card-background-color: 'var(--background-color-transp)'                   # Background
  primary-text-color: 'var(--text-color)'
  paper-listbox-color: 'var(--text-color)'                                      # TEXT IN POPUP BOX
  light-primary-color: 'var(--text-dark-color)'
  secondary-text-color: 'var(--text-medium-color)'
  disabled-text-color: 'var(--text-dark-color)'
  paper-dialog-button-color: 'var(--text-medium-color)'
  secondary-background-color: 'var(--background-color)'                         # Background more info title
  ha-card-border-radius: '6px'

# Labels
  label-badge-background-color: "#23232E"
  label-badge-text-color: "#F1F1F1"
  label-badge-red: rgba(255, 159, 9, 0.7)  # from Apple systemOrange dark mode

# Icons
  paper-item-icon-color: 'var(--text-dark-color)'                                 # Off
  paper-item-icon-active-color: 'var(--accent-color)'                             # On

# Switches
  switch-checked-button-color: 'var(--text-medium-color)'                   # Knob On
  switch-unchecked-button-color: 'var(--text-medium-color)'                 # Knob Off
  switch-checked-track-color: 'var(--accent-color)'                                           # Background On
  switch-unchecked-track-color: 'var(--text-dark-color)'                                     # Background Off

# Slider

# Shadows
  ha-card-box-shadow: 'inset 0px 0px 2px 2px rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.1)'

4 Likes

Nice one… did install this one…

1 Like

ING Dark Theme

4 Likes

hi @akkaria, seems like your website has been hackked again …

Here is my theme, available to install via HACS
https://community.home-assistant.io/t/transparent-blue-custom-theme

3 Likes

Thank you very much to @PhysicalMagic for the amazing work done. I tried to use these config values but they don’t seem to work properly on recent lovelace versions, many colors don’t apply in the correct places. So I decided to use that as inspiration to make something similar looking and very simple.

MyDark:
  base-hue: '220' #Controls the base (and accent) color hue (0-360) | 0=Red 60=Yellow 120=Green 180=Cyan 240=Blue 300=Magenta 360=Red
  base-sat: '16%' #Controls the saturation of the theme (0%-100%) | 0%=Grey 100%=Full Saturation

huesat: 'var(--base-hue), var(--base-sat),'

# Primary Color
  primary-color: 'hsl(var(--huesat) 60%)'
  accent-color: 'hsl(var(--huesat) 60%)'

# Nav Bar
  app-header-background-color: 'hsl(var(--huesat) 20%)'
  app-header-text-color: 'hsl(var(--huesat) 100%)'

# Backgrounds
  sidebar-background-color: 'hsl(var(--huesat) 20%)'
  primary-background-color: 'hsl(var(--huesat) 16%)'

# Sidebar
  sidebar-icon-color: 'hsl(var(--huesat) 60%)'
  sidebar-text-color: 'hsl(var(--huesat) 60%)'
  sidebar-selected-icon-color: 'hsl(var(--huesat) 90%)'
  sidebar-selected-text-color: 'hsl(var(--huesat) 90%)'

# Text
  primary-text-color: 'hsl(var(--huesat) 90%)'
  secondary-text-color: 'hsl(var(--huesat) 90%)'
  disabled-text-color: 'hsl(var(--huesat) 70%)'

# Divider
  divider-color: 'hsla(0, 0%, 0%, 0)'
  dark-divider-opacity: '0'
  light-divider-opacity: '0'

# Card
  card-background-color: 'hsl(var(--huesat) 12%)'
  ha-card-background: 'var(--card-background-color)'
  ha-card-box-shadow: 'inset 0px 0px 0px 4px hsl(var(--huesat) 18%)'

# Dialog
  dialog-backdrop-filter: 'blur(2px)'

EDIT:
I’ve made a few updates and improvements to this config, feel free to reach out if you are interested.

Could I ask for information on where to get Aurora Frost theme and how to use it? because in this post I did not find information about it