SharpTools - Dashboard & Rule Engine

:wave:Hi guys,
We are excited to introduce the new SharpTools.io Home Assistant connection! SharpTools is a simple-to-use but powerful Dashboard and Rule Engine supporting smart devices coming from Home Assistant, SmartThings and Hubitat. You can create stunning custom dashboards and automation rules with drag-n-drop and visual flow interfaces with no coding needed.

Please see our announcement in the link below for more details.

A Home Assistant connection has been one of the top requests in the SharpTools community. (Thank you to everyone who posted and voted for the request in our community. :grinning:) See below for a summary based on our Home Assistant beta users’ comments who requested this connection.

SharpTools Overview

• Intuitive and polished interface and experience
  • Cross platform support
    • Mix-and-match devices from Home Assistant, SmartThings, and Hubitat in both Dashboard and Rule Engine
  • Free forever plan with optional premium upgrade

Q&A

:raising_hand_man:: How do I get started?

Follow the steps in this article to authorize your Home Assistant devices to SharpTools and build your awesome dashboards and automation.

:raising_hand_man:: Is SharpTools cloud hosted?

Yes, you can securely view/edit your dashboards and automation rules on devices from anywhere.

:raising_hand_man:: Is SharpTools free?

Our Free Forever plan is offered with some limitations and the premium upgrade is optional. This is our full-time gig – sorry we need to support our family! :yum: Click here to see more details between the Free and Premium plans.

:raising_hand_man:: Does SharpTools sell my smart home/personal data to any 3rd parties?

No, we do NOT sell your data to anyone. Period.

:raising_hand_man:: How can I remove/deauthorize the connection to SharpTools?

You can remove the SharpTools addon from your Home Assistant instance, if you decide not to use SharpTools anymore. You can also delete the location (and all devices) from the ... menu next to your location on the user page. Or you can email [email protected] and we’d be happy to help.

5 Likes

This has been an absolute GAME CHANGER for me…I’ve spent the last week messing with YAML trying to get basic things working with frustrating partial success, even gave CodeRed a go but that blew my mind as well.

I’m not a programmer and tbh I’ve no desire to learn coding, I just want my HA to work and be easy to set up, and have the power to get advanced when I want without having to remember syntax and spaces and entity names etc. I’m 50, my memory isn’t what it was!

I was on the verge of ditching HA completely and going back to ST and thought id see where Sharptools was these days…must have been lucky as they had just released this connectivity to HA.
I had all my automations up and running within minutes. Literally minutes. With a little help from the community (im assuming they may be the devs as they are labelled STAFF) I was flying, that is proper support. I don’t feel stupid anymore :wink:

tldr…if you are about to give up on HA due to its steep learning curve…try Sharptools to get your automations running. And keep the benefits of the HA platform and its immense connectivity. Im enjoying my HA again :wink:

2 Likes