Shelly 1L, switching logic

Hello,

Shelly offers 1L no neutral switch turning conventional switches into smart ones. Here is the wiring diagram:

Shelly 1L wiring

My demand is to have control through both WiFi and key switch. In case if control system is down, manual control has to work. I wonder which switching logic Shelly 1L has.

What happens if:

• An 1L switch is turned on over WiFi and after it key switch circuit connected to SW1/2->Sx is closed/breaked;
  • An 1L switch is turned off over WiFi and after it key switch circuit connected to SW1/2->Sx is closed/breaked.

What is bypass needed for in case of no neutral wiring?

Regards

Because there is still some current needed to power the device.

Thank you. This is only applicable for loads with overall power less than 20W, correct?

Can’t hurt to always install it. What if you change bulbs ?

1 Like

You would normally install the Shelly 1L behind an existing wall switch and connect the switch to SW1 as per your diagram above. I have the Shelly 1L’s configured so that any change in the switch state toggles the light as shown below (from the Shelly Web UI).

This means that you can still manually toggle the light even when WiFi or HA is down.

If you have a double switch then you can wire the second switch to SW2 and use this to control other things in HA via Automations.

1 Like