Shelly 1pm + Photocell as dusk/dawn switch?

Hi! I am fairly new to HASS, but already so convinced that i moved from a docker install to a (currently) dedicated NUC with Proxmox and HASS.

My outdoor lights are a mix of 110 and 12 V LED’ flood lights, and so far the power for both was controlled via a Tork Photocell Button from Lowes. The Photocell controlled the 110V lights and a Dual power outlet with a 12V Transformer plugged in (The second controlled outlet is for Holiday lights)

The 12V Transformer is now plugged into a Kasa Outdoor outlet, and HASS Turns it on/off 30 minutes before/after sunset/sunrise. That works good, but right now we have a thunderstorm, and HASS does not realize it got dark outside.

I just received a Shelly 1pm. This device can be controlled via a switch or via HASS. Now, my two questions are:

• if i connect the Photocell to the Switch input on the Shelly 1pm, would the Shelly 1pm be triggered when it gets dark before sunset and turn the lights on?
  • can HASS read the state of the Shelly switch input and then trigger a script/automation to turn turn on other lights, etc?

Did you ever figure this out?

Nope. I ended up getting a zigbee light sensor (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BXT7TRY9) that provides the lux for an automation for those front porch lights. I actually have one of those in every major room to control lights