Shelly BLU Gateway anyone?

I was wondering if someone already tried the Shelly BLU Gateway with HA, and if so, how does it work?

I’ve managed to get one setup and feeding data to MQTT within HA, but it is not sending all of the BTLE Advertisements I know are out there to MQTT. I’ve been trying to get it to work with my Aranet4 for a few days now and am having no luck.

(Replying to this old post because it’s the first hit for “Shelly BLU Gateway” in the search.)

The gateway works out of the box and can act as a generic Bluetooth gateway for HA (i.e. to connect non-Shelly BT devices). Only tricky bit is that you need to enable Bluetooth scanning (active or passive) for it after adding it to HA. The setting is somewhere, but I can’t remember nor find it again.

In my opinion, this is the best solution to add BT to HA at the moment. At ~20 EUR it is barely more expensive than a USB BT adapter but infinitely more flexible in its placement.

Update: Seems not all devices work through the gateway. ThermoBeacons (ThermoBeacon - Home Assistant) work perfectly and are detected less than a second after turning them on, but an INKBIRD Bluetooth Thermometer IBS-TH1 (INKBIRD - Home Assistant) was never detected although I did see it’s mac address being collected.

I’m not sure if this is an issue with the Shelly, with the way HA uses the Shelly or with the Inkbird integration. When manually scripting on the Shelly, I never could read any meaningful BLE broadcasts (i.e. containing at least the device name) from the Inkbird.

I added a locally connected CSR8510 A10 (USB BT dongle) to my setup and, after power cycling the Inkbird, it showed up instantly. (Side note: It took several minutes for its device and entities to populate.)

Hello
How can you check if the gateway is working properely?

I have a shelly Plus PM an I just bought a Gardena bluetooth valve 01889-20.

When starting the device HA automatically detected it and configred it.
But when I moved it to its location (outside) the device became unavailable.
But I have my Shelly 10 cm away, and this shelly works perfectly in HA?

So I don’t know how to debug this, and make sure my shelly can act as a proxy for this gardena device.
But I have a gardena bluetooth MAC address.

Any idea ?
Thx a lot