Shelly cover always showing open

Hello,

I control an awning (Markise) with a Shelly 2.5 and use the Shelly integration in HA. The 2.5 was discovered correctly and it automatically created a cover for me

My Problem, as soon as the awning stops, the cover always shows open. Pictured below you see me closing it, and the instant the motor stops, the cover shows “open” where it should be “closed”:

grafik

This is the state at rest for the cover now that is has been closed:

Do i have to replace the automatically created cover with something manual or is there any way to “edit” this automatically created shelly cover? Did someone else see this behaviour before?

Have you set the open/close time in the Shelly settings and done the calibrate routine?

I don’t actually have a Shelly controlling a cover, I just read this:

Yes, open/close timers are set.

I did not do the calibrate routine because it might be risky with my motor: The motor has the requirement that there is a delay of 0.5 seconds between open/close and I can not controle this setting in Shelly UI. On top of that, if open/close happens at the same time, the end positions will be reset and I have to call the maker to recalibrate the end positions.

I also suspect that this is my problem, hence the question if I can edit the automatically created cover.

I have the same issue with a coop door actuator, no position, just a run time with integrated limit switches on the acuator to act as stops. you figure this out?

I just found out, that you first have to calibrate the Shelly 2.5 steering your awning. Then it knows when it is closed and how far it is open.
Under Settings you will find positioning controls, there you can calibrate.

I confirm the same behavior…

If I press OPEN, state changes to Opening for a while. Then to Open
If I press CLOSE, state changes to Closing for a while. Then to Open

So regardless if operation is opening or closing, it always ends up in state Open.

Calibration don’t help.

@Hoelli4C I’ve also been struggling with the same problem in Home Assistant. I was able to solve it by applying the configuration below. Have my system in Dutch, so some words are in Dutch. But test it first and then you can apply your own changes. (but use your own entity_id from your own sunshade)

Put the following in your configuration.yaml: (NB; cover.zonnescherm is your own sunscreen entity_id I added the following in a yaml file: <== Adjust these to your own awning) (So three times, then you can adjust it yourself)

input_boolean:
  zonnescherm_status:
    name: Zonnescherm open

Restart Home Assistant.
When Home Assistant is started, then put the following in automations.yaml:

- alias: Zonnescherm stop
  trigger:
  - platform: state
    entity_id: cover.zonnescherm    <== Adjust these to your own awning
    to: 'stop'
  action:
  - service: homeassistant.turn_on
    entity_id: input_boolean.zonnescherm_status

- alias: Zonnescherm in
  trigger:
    entity_id: cover.zonnescherm   <== Adjust these to your own awning
    to: 'closing'
  action:
  - service: homeassistant.turn_off

- alias: Zonnescherm uit
  trigger:
    entity_id: cover.zonnescherm  <== Adjust these to your own awning
    to: 'opening'
  action:
  - service: homeassistant.turn_on

Then you can also create the following sensor:

- platform: template
    sensors:
       status_zonnescherm:
         friendly_name: "Sunshade state"
         value_template: >
          {{ 'outside' if is_state('input_boolean.zonnescherm_status', 'on')
           else 'inside' }}   

Restart Home Assistant

Then you have entity_id ‘input_boolean.zonnescherm_status’ for status on and off for your automation.
In the automation you can then use status on or off as requested.

And entity ID ‘sensor.status_zonnescherm’ you can use for example for your Entities Card Configuration to see status on your entity card as well.

Has this also solved your problem? Just let us know.

@22hn This may also be the solution for you