Shelly Dimmer 2 'Randomly' switching on

Hi there, hope someone can help! I have several Shelly 1 devices operating lights without a problem. I also have 2 Shelly Dimmer 2 devices that I use to dim spotlights. For some reason the two sets of lights connected to the 2 separate dimmer devices switch on at 06:02 in the morning for no apparent reason and it’s not every day.

The logbook does not identify what triggered the device to switch on. I don’t have any rogue automations that may cause this.

I’m wondering if there is something in the code that is allowing this to happen.

This is my code for the 2 dimmers - the code is identical with the exception of the shelly device id!

- platform: mqtt  
  schema: template
  name:  "Office_inside"
  state_topic: "shellies/shellydimmer2-XXXXXXX/light/0/status"
  state_template: '{% if value_json.ison %} on {% else %} off {% endif %}'
  command_topic: "shellies/shellydimmer2-XXXXXXX/light/0/set"
  command_on_template: '{"turn": "on"{% if brightness is defined %}, "brightness": {{(brightness | float * 0.3882 + 1) | round(0)}}{% endif %}}'
  command_off_template: '{"turn": "off"}'
  brightness_template: '{{ (value_json.brightness | float * 2.55) | round(0) }}'

I have the same problem. 3 different dimmer 2 have been randomly turning on. HA logs just say turned on with no automation involved.

I have a few Shelly Dimmers and don’t have this issue.

One thing I would suggest you to take a look is the setting for Power On mode, which could be turning on the device after some power instability?

Same here and dimmers have power on default off… shelly logs are not helping either

Hi
I have had the same problem. The advice from Shelly support is that the device is picking up noise and to run in detached mode. I installed in a button case (with minor adaption) to have a manual switch on a lamp. I am using the integration not MQTT. I enabled the relevant channel input sensor on the HA integration menu and it appeared as a sensor in HA. I then created an automation to react to it.