Shelly dimmer

Anyone flashed it with esphome yet? Couldn’t find any gpio/hardware info about it so i opened one.

Power sensor: HLW8012
Pwm converter: PN8015
Mosfet x2: OSG65R200JF
Serial flash memory: W25Q16JV
Additional mcu: st F031K6 (does the zero cross detection and pwm)

I can see some little solder contact point around the ESP chip ! perhaps you can find out the wiring to at least be able to connect at ESP. From there you can either go the bull way and try each GPIO to find out how it’s wired, or test the board to find out where each sensor is connected on the ESP (with a continuity testor with thin points as board is pretty tiny…
Good luck :wink:

I thought all the gpios and Rx TX V G were already broken out, as the case has a gap to that header connection, tho only half of the header it looks like.

That’s for programming. I need to know which internal components are connected to what. Will do some testing and post the result here :slight_smile:

Facepalm, sorry trying to be too helpful before my morning coffee.

I was going try to install mine this evening, but if you need testers I can hold off ?

That said I’m not major technical when it comes to microprocessors stuff.
Or python.

Any luck?

My girlfriend and me are looking at some dimmable hipstery-vintage-looking dumb LED bulbs we wished were smart.

The photos are pretty high res, might even be able to trace the pins that way before ordering them.

Has someone simply asked at Shelly? These guys are normally very friendly and supportiv. Shall I write them an email? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve asked them twice. First time was via their support. Got told that they put the “work to document the device” on the backlog. The second time was at FB, their CEO confirmed that the ST mcu handles the dimming but not how to communicate with it.

Uh, that’s odd. :frowning: I’ll try another way tommorow in asking the german distributor by phone. I already asked in the german forum, I’ll report back, as soon as I get answers, if any. :slight_smile:

I emailed, but heard nothing, just tried pluggin it in, but put the load on the neutral not the live…
Popped the fuse board, now the thing will turn on the lights, but not turn them off…

Might have to buy a second one, or wire it backup on the kitchen and stick a lamp on it to test.

Is this, what you are looking for?Shelly Dimmer_flash

No, it’s not.

If mine turns out to be dead after I miss wired it (and they don’t want it back for testing) I could (depending where in the world you are) post it over for you to play with ?

Thanks but I already own 12 of them :wink:

I flash my Shelly Dimmer today with ESPHome.

On GPIO 15 is blue LED.

2 Likes

Great to hear!
Can find very little on the combination shelly dimmer and esphome. So I bought one to try and just about to flash it. Any tips and tricks you can share? Did you manage to get it into a esphome enabled dimmer?
Share the yaml config?

Thanks in advance

Got it into home assistant without flashing, just using the Shelly REST api.
Using rest_commands and templated light …

There’s a plugin for shellys as well. This thread isn’t about that though. :slight_smile:

Sorry, I recognized too late the /hardware/ part of this thread.
Probably I was too proud that I managed it by my own as a 10 days newbie to all of this.