Shelly Gen2 - Range extender support

Hi everyone! Would be great to enable shelly devices adoption even if are connected through the new range extender function.

All Gen2 devices has this feature (plus and PRO line), allowing to group together up to 10 devices at network level (IP address saving) and extend connection coverage in remote areas.

According to my understanding the joined devices are on the same IP of “master” device but different port (eg. IP_MASTER:8002). Maybe the integration could scan these ports

Same need on GitHub Shelly integration does not support devices connected via Shelly range extenders · Issue #78820 · home-assistant/core · GitHub
@thecode
Shelly documentation WiFi | Shelly Technical Documentation

Thank you

Is there an easy HA internal workaround available until this issue is solved?

Easy, no. But there is a suggestion here. Haven’t tried it though…

I would love this feature too! Please vote!

Just ran into this. Updated to the latest beta firmware, which displays the range extender shelly’s guests along with an external url+mport to connect to them, but no luck setting up the integration with that.

Do we have any update on this feature?

1 Like

Yes, if you are allowed to manage your router and the router is able to do port forwarding (also almost any managed switch will do). On your router / managed switch you define and ip address in unused address space and let it do redirection of traffic to your extended shelly. HA will then talk to that fake address and the router/managed switch will redirect it to the right place. However as you can see there is a management hassle. You would have to keep record of all such fakes until HA start addressing devices by url and not ip address.

Love to see this feature add to HA for the Shelly “Range Extender” so it just works out of the box. This would solve a lot of things as we then can use a Shelly as an AP into HA for not just Shelly products but ESP32 with ESPHome.

2 Likes

I’m trying to do this but so far no luck. Here’s what i’ve entered for my router, but no joy. Any ideas on this workaround?

Hello,
any news here?
@thecode you meant it’s on your todo list

My electricity box is in metal so a faraday cage… the only wifi I can get is via the local Extender, voting too for this feature.
tx

1 Like

Hi,
does the workaround with the port forwarding work?
I struggle with the description from @miroslaw
Or is there another solution for this issue I might have missed?
tx