Shelly Integration - Door/Window sensor no entity

Hello,

I’m having issues with the oficial Shelly integration.

After the release 2021.3 I’ve added again my shelly door/windows sensor (support for battery devices added in this release), but now there are no entities inside:

I’ve already remove the device and add it again, same issue with 2 devices.

Here a screen of my devices added in previous versions:

can someone help me?

thank you in advance.
Kr,
Ivan

do anyone one have a clue? I don’t know what to do…

should I delete all my 30 devices integration and start all over?..

Same issue here… did you find a solution?

I am using several of these in both MQTT mode and native integration, and so far have not had this issue…

I do notice the screenshots appear to show home/away presence for the device… which I have never seen before.

What firmware version is on the device?
Is it static ip or DHCP?

Unfortunately no solution found :frowning:
I’m thinking on delete everything and use ShellyForHass,but I have a lot of Shelly and automatisation, so I preferred to find a solution.

My devices have static IP, firmware: 20210323-105237/v1.10.1-gf276b51

I tried with new core-2021.4.1and with “Make device discoverable” setting to true and work fine

it worked, but now the status on the HA, they are not refreshed, with or without the cloud.

Has anyone found a solution to this? It worked the very first time I added the DW2, but when I deleted and re-added, I now get no entities. It’s driving me mental!

Did you have the device in install mode?

Is that the same as discovery mode? I did have that enabled.

So I’ve done a ton of playing and a ton of logging. Shelly is on latest firmware. I’ve got it set to a specific CoIoT port (5683). If I make device discoverable, it does auto-discover in hassio, but only the device - not the entities. If I actually manually move the sensor, I get entries like this in the log:

2021-04-25 13:48:33 DEBUG (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.shelly] Manually updated shellydw2-483FDA8253F5 data

I cannot, for the life of me, get the entities to auto-create, even though they’ve been there in the past (on first setup). Any tips?

Everyone, there is an open bug here: Shelly integration does not properly add entities · Issue #49731 · home-assistant/core · GitHub

At the bottom, you can see a workaround to get this working.

1 Like

Still have no entity for shelly door/window 2 sensor :confused:

I’m getting this as well. Previously working fine, then the sensor stopped updating so I removed and re-added it. Now the DW gets detected, but there are no devices/entities.

I have tried the workaround suggested - removing and deleting references from the device registry - but it still doesn’t find any entities when re-added.

Any suggestions?

I’ve tried everything today - removing all entities and reinstalling using both the native integration and shelly for HASS. Just wont’ play ball for some reason.

As a workaround, I have enabled MQTT on the DW2 and set up MQTT sensors for now.

After easily integrating two Shelly Plug S I bought a Shelly Door Window sensor and a Shelly Flood sensor.
Both are found by the Shelly integration and all entities are listed with correct values initially, but then the entities are never updated.
I tried all sorts of combinations of settings, but no luck :slightly_frowning_face:

Hi,
I had the same problem and setuped also MQTT, as with version 2012.12.0 all sensor has to be rewritten, I tested another approach.
When I got my shelly TRV there was an integration hint that you must use CoIoT.
I setuped Enable CoIoT and for the CoIoT peer I use $HomeAssistantIP:5683 e.g., 192.168.1.1:5683.
That’s working fine for me. :upside_down_face:

1 Like