Shelly Plug US — cannot integration into home assistant

I’m struggling to get my Shelly Plus US integrated into home assistant. It doesn’t appear in auto discovery and I have the latest firmware. I’ve done searches and swear I’ve done all the basic troubleshooting.

• My Shelly Plug is connected to the same network (via wi-fi) that my HA instance is on.
  • Updated firmware to latest available which is 0.12 with firmware ID of 20221206-140846/0.12.0-gafc2404.
  • I’ve seen instructions for configuring CoIoT but that is for gen 1 devices, and I think I have a gen 2 device within this plug given that option is not there. There is however, options for web sockets and I’ve tried setting it to ws://192.168.1.162:8123/api/shelly/ws which is the IP and pot of my HA instance (my shelly IP is 192.168.1.140). I’ve tried all 3 TLS options (User TLS, Default TLS and TLS no validation) with no change
  • I’ve tried connecting to the shelly device manually by adding the integration and entering 192.168.1.140 which is the IP of the Shelly as reported by the shelly device dashboard and my router.

Any advice?

I’m assuming you can get to the Shelly plug web interface using a browser on the 192.168.1.x network? And you are using the Shelly Integration:

Outbound Web socket, Access point, Cloud, and MQTT do not need to be enabled.

What version of HA and installation type?

Yeah I can hit the Shelly dashboard if I visit the ip.

I’m on HA 2023.1.2

I’m running 4 Shelly Plug US on the same firmware and HA version with no problems. But they were added a few months ago. Let’s see if we can compare settings. Just to confirm: you’re not using ShellyFor HASS - you’re using the Shelly integration.

Correct the Shelly default integration. I think.

I’m going to the integrations page and tapping the + then searching for “Shelly” and picking that names integration.

However I also don’t see it discovering the device.

I just retried adding it again and it works this time! no idea what changed…. auto discovery didn’t work but adding direct by IP did this time.

Strange. I know there were some recent updates to the Shelly integration that might have had something to do with it (I really don’t know). But glad it works for you now.

Is auto discovery supposed to work by default? Does this require some config change in the Shelly device (eg outgoing web sockets)?

Auto discovery should work by default - nothing needed in outgoing web sockets that I know of. I get the shelly device on the wifi and HA seems to always auto discover it. I do have my router assign a static IP address prior to adding it to my network but that should not prevent auto discovery.

I have similar problem guys. Except, that my Shelly Plug EU was added to my HA integration few moths ago and it worked flawlessly. But now, for a few days already and after few minor HA updates, I can’t get it to work again in my HA. I can go to its Web interface and I can successfully control it via the shelly app in my android phone.
I was trying to see some logs, but the Logs section in HA does not show anything for “shelly” :grimacing: And I don’t know what to search for.
Tried completely removing the Shelly integration and addin it back in. No joy. Fully rebooted my HAOS, no joy. Rebooted my WiFi network, the shelly plug itself several times.
Tried to add with the devise IP… still nothing.
Any Idea how should i proceed with troubleshooting this? Where to get logs etc…?

Home Assistant

• Core2023.12.0
  • Supervisor2023.11.6
  • Operating System11.2
  • Frontend20231206.0

Shelly Plug S
FW: 20230913-113421/v1.14.0-gcb84623

I’m not sure what could have caused your issue. 2023.12.0 included 8 changes in the change log (search for “Shelly”) but I don’t think any of these changes would have caused it - but I don’t know (I have not updated to 2023.12.0 yet).

Have you tried enable debug logging on the Shelly integration?

This may generate some useful information in the logs.

Can you easily revert back to the previous known working version to see if the problem is still present?

Hi! I have the same or similar issue. I was getting some errors in the past but I could always control my Shelly Plug S EU plugs and see the power usage. Today I migrated to a new rpi (from rpi4 to rpi5) and soon after (but I think that it was not straight away) I all of my Plug S devices became unavailable.
I also have several Shelly 2.5 switches and strangely enough all but one work. The one that is unavailable is still connected to WiFi and I can access it by its IP address. All of the settings are the same on all devices, all have the latest firmware. I tried removing one of the Shelly Plug S devices but I cannot re-add it now.

Edit:
I factory reset one of the plugs to test things out. After a reset and connection to my wifi, it immediately appeared in HA. I then clicked “Configure” and it was added but it states 0 devices and 0 entities and, same as before and other plugs that have issues, it shows that it failed to initialize.