Shelly PM1 Mini Gen3

To be clear, we are talking about this device, correct? I got one last week that I integrated fine. Perhaps it’s not Gen 3 or maybe I have a different device than what you are asking about.

Nope, these are running fine.
I’m talking about that new one:

Ok then, sorry for the confusion - I’ve not tried those as of yet. I don’t even see them on Amazon right now, they must be in high demand. I actually kind of like that, it’s a bit smaller than the 1PM but it’s only 8A versus the 1PM 15A.

Hi.
Same for me. Today i received my Order of Shelly Mini an Mini PM (all gen3). I cant integrate them. No Problem to control them with the Shelly App, but the Integration in Homeassistent wont recognize them. I also tried to add them manually with Host Adress.

Snd i tried the hacss Integration, too. No Chance.

You can request it be supported here:

Done:

Please vote :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Voted. I can confirm the problem for the Shelly Mini1G3.

I also voted even though I don’t have a Gen3, I can see myself getting one in the future :wink:

1 Like

As far as I can see gen3 support is already merged into home assistant dev branch Add support for Shelly Gen3 devices by bieniu · Pull Request #104874 · home-assistant/core · GitHub I just don’t know when this will be released.

If it’s in the dev branch it should be in the January release.

2 Likes

Voted, Same problem with Minio1PMG3. Any one tried MQTT integration?

You just have to wait for gen3 support release which was merged into dev branch here Add support for Shelly Gen3 devices by bieniu · Pull Request #104874 · home-assistant/core · GitHub

This has been implemented in core version 2024.1.

1 Like

Works now! :slight_smile:

I received three Shelly PM1 Minis today and setup the first one. It’s my first Shelly device and it went very smoothly. Only thing is I’ve noticed is the voltage entity is not updating at all in home assistant… it just stays stuck on what ever the first value was. All other functionality is working fine i.e. I can control the switch from home assistant with an almost instantaneous response. I’m using the home assistant shelly integration and not MQTT… I can see it updating on the shelly device from it’s web interface, but this doesn’t seem to be being pushed to home assistant for it to update the entity…

I just found out about these. Is anyone using them in the US? How are you using them? Lights? Outlets? What kind?

I’m using mine (US/CO) to control a gas fireplace. Dry contacts are nice to connect the piezoelectric contacts while still allowing it to be controlled via a timer switch manually.

that’s not a PM Mini tho, since these are only power meters

Hi!

Can someone confirm that Home Assistant 2024.1 works with the Shelly Plus PM Mini (“shellypmmini”)?

I have updated HA (it was mentioned that support was added in 2024.1), but I can’t see that I’m able to add this device even after update. The device is also updated to latest firmware.

I have about 15 other Shelly devices (older devices) without any problems, but this one does not show up at all.
It is configured for my home WiFi network, and I have no problems browsing the UI of the device, but it is not detected by HA.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Thomas

Hi Thomas,
HA 2024.1.3 here, Shelly Plus PM Mini is detected perfectly:

This Shelly is running firmware ver 1.1.0
I cannot see temperature sensor, maybe missing in this Shelly model.
-f