Shelly Wall Display

So you have signed an NDA?

Yes i did, i would want to avois sharing more info in public tho.
NOTE: I am not affiliated with shelly in any way, i got that bsp from other project

Any news in lineageOS? Looking forward to it

Hi, do you see any benefits to the Shelly display compared to Sonoff/Tuya ones?
Mainly from the point of view of ease of hacking and customization.

Quite the opposite - lots of work around Sonoff, not a lot happening from Shelly. I would not buy again. Probably OK for specific shelly environment, not great for HA.

Biggest benefit is to use the internal relay. For some specific use cases (mine for example) having that relay is a must. The Sonoff Display Pro doesn’t have any relay :frowning:

The “regular” NS panel does have the relays: NSPanel - SONOFF Official

I was personally initially very hesitant to go with these because of the smaller screen and the (useless?) hardware buttons. But, after a few months in use, these buttons are actually pretty cool and what we use most of the time. Plus the HA integration is absolutely epic and super actively maintained: GitHub - Blackymas/NSPanel_HA_Blueprint: This allows you to configure your complete NSPanel via Blueprint with UI and without changing anything in the code

Shelly has a loooong way to go before coming even close to how easy the NS panel is to work with :sweat_smile:

1 Like

So the physical buttons can be used to for example change cards.

Maybe have one card for the light and another card for “everything else”.

Would be nice to be able to press the left button for on-screen light control and the right one to access the rest (Here that would be heating and electric curtains and Sonos player in a typical room)

Or…Maybe have the buttons be on/off for the light and then have the rest on the screen ?

Hi
Maybe you could create a thread on https://xdaforums.com for help with developing.
Oldest/biggest site i know for android custom roms …
I think that would speed up things a lot …

thx and greetings.

atleast you get something useful, i get someting that looks like wrong baud rate when using the exact same settings as you.

I have finaly manage to yalebrake my Shelly with the MTK and activat the debug mode. But, whats next? Can some one help me with a easy step by step guide to run HA in kiosk mode or similar?
The goal is to have a HA dascboard one the screen, maby in Chrome or another browser.

Well youll need to figure something, or wait. I plan to do some cool stuff for this device, but very busy nowdays.

3 Likes

Hi! I created a GitHub repository with a detailed guide on how to hack the wall display. Additionally, I wrote a small app that integrates the display with Home Assistant, allowing you to use its relay and run the Home Assistant GUI while still viewing the temperature in Home Assistant.

You can check out the repository here. The guide includes step-by-step instructions and all the necessary files to get started. Enjoy!

Wow … really looking forward to finally be able to use the Wall Display. Do you have some screenshots of the ShellyElevate.apk?

THX

Do you have any progress?

There is now official integration?!! KBOOM!

@solarjunkie Thanks for the info! I installed it and it works great. The only thing that bothers me is the bottom control bar, which you can’t hide…

1 Like

Does anyone have an idea how to activate the screen of Shelly Wall Display via automation? For example: If movement is detected in the room, then activate the screen.
I tried using JSON-RPC 2.0 commands and was able to use them to toggle the switch, for example. Unfortunately, I couldn’t find a command to activate the screen.

Screen activation on movement:

I asked for a solution in the Shelly community. You can simulate a UI tap in Home Assistant. I wrote the following in configuration.yaml:

rest_command:
  my_request:
    url: http://Wall-Display-IP/rpc
    method: POST
    payload: '{"jsonrpc": "2.0",  "method": "Ui.Tap",  "params": {},  "id": 1}'
    content_type:  'application/json; charset=utf-8'

After restarting Home Assistant, you can execute the REST command as an action in an automation.

1 Like

Does anyone know how to go back to the shelly app as it’s now supporting HA natively? Starting the Shelly app doesn’t work. It’s only flashing up, but then stopping to work. I’ve also tried to enable the service again with
adb root
adb shell pm enable cloud.shelly.stargate
but it doesn’t help

strange, but the second try worked.
After several restarts, the start up screen asked me to set the shelly app as default starter.