Shelly Wall Display

Hi

I actually use Fullkiosk on a Samsung tablet right now.

I want to mount the unit flush to the wall, as far as i can see this unit has a rather large “hump” on the back.

mounts completely flat:

This image shows it has a big hump on the back ?

So does the Shelly.

!?? That is the end that goes into the wall socket/outlet!?

So is your picture.

I don’t understand what you mean, sorry.

They both have a “hump” in the back which is designed to go into the wall.

Edit: I was agreeing with you, but got confused about who was who in the discussion.

1 Like

Aah i get it now, i was just confused about the hump.

Would be nice if it supported HA, natively though :slight_smile:

I will certainly look into possibly getting some of these for my house

Hi sorry for slow answer, i cant publish sources of what i currently have, as its BSP (typically provided by mtk under NDA). But what i can totally do is distribute the binary, and then i can create lineageos tree based on that binary. What i am currently doing is more like creating stock rom :smiley: Its mostly done tho, the only bugs left are: Ts isnt perfect, only 512mb of ram can be used. After that is done ill move on to lineageos

1 Like

So you have signed an NDA?

Yes i did, i would want to avois sharing more info in public tho.
NOTE: I am not affiliated with shelly in any way, i got that bsp from other project

Any news in lineageOS? Looking forward to it

Hi, do you see any benefits to the Shelly display compared to Sonoff/Tuya ones?
Mainly from the point of view of ease of hacking and customization.

Quite the opposite - lots of work around Sonoff, not a lot happening from Shelly. I would not buy again. Probably OK for specific shelly environment, not great for HA.

Biggest benefit is to use the internal relay. For some specific use cases (mine for example) having that relay is a must. The Sonoff Display Pro doesn’t have any relay :frowning:

The “regular” NS panel does have the relays: NSPanel - SONOFF Official

I was personally initially very hesitant to go with these because of the smaller screen and the (useless?) hardware buttons. But, after a few months in use, these buttons are actually pretty cool and what we use most of the time. Plus the HA integration is absolutely epic and super actively maintained: GitHub - Blackymas/NSPanel_HA_Blueprint: This allows you to configure your complete NSPanel via Blueprint with UI and without changing anything in the code

Shelly has a loooong way to go before coming even close to how easy the NS panel is to work with :sweat_smile:

1 Like

So the physical buttons can be used to for example change cards.

Maybe have one card for the light and another card for “everything else”.

Would be nice to be able to press the left button for on-screen light control and the right one to access the rest (Here that would be heating and electric curtains and Sonos player in a typical room)

Or…Maybe have the buttons be on/off for the light and then have the rest on the screen ?

Hi
Maybe you could create a thread on https://xdaforums.com for help with developing.
Oldest/biggest site i know for android custom roms …
I think that would speed up things a lot …

thx and greetings.

atleast you get something useful, i get someting that looks like wrong baud rate when using the exact same settings as you.