Shelly Wall Display

Hello,
Do you by any chance have the Stargate APK? Would be interrested in taking a look

ill send it later today, but its not too useful, you cant use it outside of this device as it is priv app likely with system uid, so its key needs to be a system one.

Thanks! I actually bought a device today and manage to extract the APK and run homeassistant in chrome instead. I just wanted to decompile the apk to figure out how to implement temeperature readings and relay control in my replacement background service.

luka177 already described how to set the relay:

Yes, I have created a separate service that handles both relay control and sensor readings. Exposed using a rest api

2 Likes

So this thread turned to ā€œhow to run Android with HA on Shelly Wall Displayā€.

Is there any effort spent to use the Stock Display with HA better? Iā€™d much prefer keeping Shelly Display stock and just integrate some HA Stuff into it.

(I love HA still my philosophy so far is that main functionality in the house i.e. lights, blinds, etc ā€¦ still works without HA working - if my buttons are now depending on HA thatā€™s not for me.).

1 Like

Can you share the code or apk on github?
Currently, I have Stargate enabled in the background and HA on fullscreen in Chrome. I would like to get rid of Stargate.

Ultimately, I will created or extended @petterhanssen code and created an open source application with a thermostat GUI. This application will run standalone and integrate with HA

Will probably open source it, but have to rewrite some minor parts first. The solution is not complicated. Read / Write 0 or 1 to /sys/devices/platform/leds/red_enable to retrieve or change relay state.

Temperature and humidty is found here: /sys/devices/platform/sht3x-user/sht3x_access. Example file content: 15712:27922.

This calculation is extracted from the Stargate APK

String[] split = fileContent.split(":");
double temp = (((Double.parseDouble(split[1]) * 175.0d) / 65535.0d) - 45.0d) - 1.1d;
double humid = ((Double.parseDouble(split[0]) * 100.0d) / 65535.0d) + 18.0d;

Will publish to github once MQTT and homeassistant autodiscovery is implemented. Hopefully I will be able to continue the project this weekend

After a lot of work i have android 11 domewhat running on wall display. Still a lot to fix, to be specific touchscreen, sensors and relay. Giant thanks to shelly for VIOLATING gpl licenseā€¦ lack of kernel source for sure makes stuff ā€œsimplerā€

6 Likes

Oh how we love this when companies take but not give back.

Till Shelly fixes that (releasing full sources to comply with GPL) I will stop buying Shelly hardware and also not suggest (warn) others about that poor behavior.

1 Like

Meh i am not sure how will it go, i did contact support. They replied that they wount give it After more talking they replied they dont even have it. And will ask their odm after hilidays.

2 Likes

Well in that case they shouldnā€™t be distributing it full stop.

I love my Shelly stuff, but this stinks.

Calling Linus, where are you Linus?

2 Likes

Anyone knows a working android for the shelly and how to install it?
I have managed to connect with adb and mtk.

Would it be possible to share some how-to or progress update?
The Firefox version of HA is quite annoying (scrolling window makes it barely usable), so I am really keen to replace the firmware if possible.

1 Like

Do you have an news on the GitHub version? We could also live with a beta version to just have a starter.

1 Like

There is no progress yet, have a lot of work now. But ill be back soon

4 Likes

i think we need a newer android version and we should try to get the sensor data and trigger the internal switch.
Then we can use it as a thermostat again and have an HA Home Screen :slight_smile:

Could you upload your android os source to github, so that we can have a look at it and go on?

I just wish there was some sort of display like this that was ā€œopenā€ either to install the app or just to simply run a browser that support HA Webā€¦

Right now i have a tablet in a wall mount, but would love to have a more elegant solution and this display seems pretty neat.

I do actually have some shelly devices, but they are exclusively managed through Home Assistant so no need for a shelly-only control screen.

The NSPanel pro is easily hackable via adb. Can kinda easily load an app called ā€œFullKioskā€ to it, which renders an HA dashboard: Sideload Apps to Sonoff NSPanel Pro | Blakadder's Smarthome Shenanigans

I have two of those in my home