Shinobi Camera Component

i used motioneye and know discovered shinobi and is so mutch bether please made the addon again

1 Like

If you want, I need some testers for my nascent Shinobi CCTV custom component. If you use HACS and dont mind adding a custom repository add https://github.com/xannor/ha_shinobicctv as an integration and let me know if it works for you. BTW it only supports english right now and I am not sure how it would look if another language is used.

2 Likes

This is excellent, will try it out later.

One (actually 2) of the things that has kept me with Zoneminder using the Object vision hooks docker by dlandon is:

1. Repeat detection - in shinobi if motion is detected then all things in the camera shot will be called out (the same 2 cars, or same 3 people). Creating kind of false alerts. I used a lot of node-red to look at changes in counted items but it should be simpler.

2. Retrieving the video of the trigger from the web hook to send to an iOS alert (in Zoneminder its a base URL with event ID) I can not figure out how to send the specific video snippet from the info in the webhook?

I’d be curious as to your thoughts on either of these challenges :slight_smile:

Finally got round to setting up and works a charm - any plans on integration with the API to detect:

1. Motion
  2. Objects
  3. Faces

I’m interested in this as well. Thanks for the effort.
Ill give it a shot.

Unfortunately, I have had much time to work on it, and right now I am not using it since its ONVIF support was less that I expected. The only motion support it has is either via its own monitors, or via manual trigger. I was hoping it would use the ONVIF events but right now it does not. So in the mean time I am just using an REO integration since that is what my cameras are and all I want is motion notifications in HA.

I was hoping to be able to use it as a centralized “NVR” and use the motion events from the cameras along with its own detector to have fairly accurate motion notification.

The other issue is their API is not very well documented, and motion events is not listed as part of it. It could be they saved that for part of their mobile paid portion.

I will keep an eye on it to see if the Shinobi CCTV projects gets to a point where it will work well with my camera’s, but until then the project is on hold. Anybody can feel free to fork it and continue if they want, and I am open to answering questions on it, I just don’t have the time, nor ambition right now to continue it.

Whilst Shinobi looks super slick, i feel that there is loads of work to do under the hood… zm is like a tank… big heavy but dependable… i have to say that for me, the next best is motioneye…

@xannor Hi! It seems integration https://github.com/xannor/ha_shinobicctv doesn’t work. Let me please advise me how to set up it?

Unfortunately I dont use this anymore, so I cannot say if the problem you are having is specific to an error or just due to changes in home assistant or Shinobi moving on from the last time I built this. If you want to submit a bug report with any errors from the logs to the github, or here, I might be able to quickly see what you need to do to get it working.

Next best, or I would say the best is Frigate. After trying zm, shinobi etc I feel like home with Frigate.

1 Like

after recent updates to m which almost killed my dual xeon, I moved to Agent DVR… much happier now

Created new integration, available at HACS:

This looks exactly what I need … but can’t seem to find any useful doc on how to configure and use it.
Do you have an example yaml for connecting to shinobi?

just install it using HACS and add integration, readme of project contains all documentation, if something is missing, post me

Yes, add integration was done. But when I add the integration configuration it asks me for BlueIris connection details?? I don’t have BlueIris nor do I want it?

I just want HA to connect to my Shinobi server so it can retrieve alerts, and send those frames to deepstack for processing…

Fixed it in v1.0.5, I missed those labels

I always get “Invalid server details” when trying to connect it.

I entered:

Host: 192.168.x.x (my docker host ip)
Port: 8580 (port 8580-> 8080 in docker compose)
User: [email protected]
Password: password

What am i doing wrong?

is the super user and the dashboard user are identical?
if it isn’t, which one have you used?
if it is, can you please change log level to debug and post it?

thanks

Integration seems to work well - but on a dashboard, is there supposed to be a thumbnail preview using a picture card? It only seems to work when i click on it to open a live view.

update: just needed to enable the jpeg api per camera and that took care of it.