Shopping List: multiple shopping lists

upvoted. This is a very very very “should have” for my home assistant usage.

up! :slight_smile: I imagine 2 possible applications, separate lists per shops or categories (like drugstore stuff / supermarket stuff) and also as to-do lists. For my application, no extra functionality would be required, I’m pleased with the simplicity of the current feature.

I also love the simplicity of the current list - I use it as a to-do list rather than a shopping list. Having multiple lists seems like a no-brainer. I’d love that feature.

i would also like to have this feature where i can use one list as a shopping list and another list to manage some kind of todos i.e.

Paulus say someone is working on multiple shopping lists and it is a end of year goal.
I’m looking forward to Christmas.

https://youtu.be/YzgYYkOrnhQ?t=3816 Year of voice video chapter 4.

Hang up those Christmas stockings.

2 Likes

I’d love to see this as a more generic list integration, as I also want to do to-do / chore lists, and being able to just create a number of arbitrary, not-necessary-shopping lists with services to add / remove / edit / mark as done items on the list would be great.

Hopefully the “multiple shopping lists” Paulus / chchrlam mentioned allows this, but yeah generic lists would be more flexible.

1 Like

So multiple Todo/shopping lists will be available next month. I’m just hoping for 1 “simple” feature. Sorting the list on alphabetical order.

We have a shopping list we use and during the week we add stuff to that list. But we don’t delete the list so we just check the boxes of stuff we need. Currently it’s a hassle to search through the list to find that damned peanut butter to add to the checked list :slight_smile: a sorting system will help alot

Implemented in 2023.11.0.

1 Like