Show all attributes?

Is there a way to tell HA to list out all available attributes of an entity? For example I just integrated Life360 and it returns many attributes per user, I would like to be able to list each user as an entity in a group and tell HA to just list out every available attribute like it does in the “states” developer tools entry for each one

Thanks

Rob

I’m not sure I follow you. They are listed in the states page, as you said. Do you want them to be listed out in the UI on one of the views in the Overview section?

FWIW, I also use Life360 (in particular the custom integration I created :slight_smile:) and also I have a group view I created in the frontend with all the members in my Circle. The group view only shows each person’s state, but if you click on one it opens a “window” with all the attributes listed:

Is this what you’re looking for? Or do you want all this information in the view without having to click and open a window? If so, maybe this can be done using a custom UI or Lovelace??? I don’t know, haven’t gone there.

what is life360?

www.life360.com. It’s a cloud-based service that can track devices (typically Android and iOS phones.) Their website and their app can be used to see the location of other members in what they call a Circle (just a grouping of members.) And it has other features, too. The main reason I use it is because it’s pretty precise while using very little battery power. It’s their “claim to fame.” I’ve been using it for years before doing any home automation. Then I used the integration with SmartThings, until I switched to HA. There wasn’t a really good HA integration (IMHO) so I created one that I and several others have been using successfully for a while.

1 Like

Cool, have you tried getting that into the official build? It doesn’t appear to be included. If it is, I can’t find the documentation on it.

I would like a way to have that view by default in the UI without having to specify each element and without having to click on it and get a pop up. Would be useful for a lot of integrations I have - in this case I would throw the info on its own view so it can be a little big and not clutter up things but I can see all the info at a glance if needed.

Yeah it’s a pretty cool service, definitely good for keeping track of family members as we all get older and do our own thing more.

Honestly, I haven’t gone down that path yet. I saw all the requirements before being able to make pull requests and I just didn’t feel like dealing with all that. I know it’s something I should do, though, at some point.

I am using your integration by the way, thank you. It works very well and was quick and painless to set up. Hardest part was remembering my login info lol

1 Like

Yeah, it’s a pain in the ass. Then after you make the changes, someone audits the file and questions every line. But in the end, helps you learn to collaborate with people.