Show input_boolean status

Hi, this is probably really simple, but apparently so simple that no one has bothered to comment on this anywhere I could google.

I want a badge in the frontend showing off the status of an input_boolean. I have made binary switches based on input_boolean, but I dont get the little title bar underneath.

As an example, the image attached shows several device trackers and three badges that are binary sensors based on input_boolean. But how do I get a little title bar (like the “away”) on these? And preferably customize the “on” and “off” (home/away) labels, if possible?

FYI, my binary_sensors.yaml has a few entries that look like this:

- platform: template
  sensors:
    aephirhomecombined:
      friendly_name: Is Aephir Home (3x)
      value_template: "{{ states.input_boolean.aephirhome.state == 'on' }}"
      entity_id: input_boolean.aephirhome
      device_class: occupancy

Using a sensor template I can get this. With the value_template returning Open/Closed depending on the entity state. As far as getting the words in the bubble and something else in the main area I’m not sure, haven’t had a need for that.

Thanks for sharing.

For now, I ended up using a script (see here) for integrating life 360 directly in HASS. It is currently the best tracker I’ve used, so I can live with only having a badge for this single tracker, and using a life360/nmap in the background for automation.

It would still be nice if you could customize badges with that little banner, so you can use icon/picture in the badge and still have some info shown.