Show off your picture-elements uses

Thanks. And how do you enlighten part of floor plan? My idea was to have multiple background pictures, but there is more lights in room…

You may wwant to follow my youtube playlist. BitBorn - YouTube

It covers lighting rooms etc

1 Like

This is awesome. May I ask how you embedded the weather

Hi there. Would you know why it is grey after importing to 3ds Max 2023? I think it is a setting, but this is the first time I am using 3ds max and am not familiar with the software.

There was an error when I try to import to 3ds Max. So I convert to .FBX file like you did in the video even thought your error was slightly different than mine.

ERROR - invalid normal index

Sweet Home 3D

3ds Max 2023

Try a render and see if there’s any textures, if not, then it’s not being imported properly and unfortunately I don’t have Max 2023 to test with. Generally speaking though, a google search with your version of max and the file you’re trying to import and the error message should guide you to a solution

Hello. This has been a learning experience and many days of searching and banging my head why it doesn’t turn out the way it suppose to be in your video tut. I think I have figured it out and am at the rendering section after a few trial of inputting in the wrong multiplier at the key frame section. Just wondering if we can reduce the file size for each of the room since we only need that part of the room and some section of where the lights bleeds out.

To answer my first issue above, I end up downloading the autodesk fbx converter since the site you used gives me an error when converting and the other online sites does not import the material. That was a few days of scratching my head there.

Thats generally how things go where one size does not fit all. Different versions and even just a simply adding furniture different to mine etc can cause unpredictable results. I can only guide with what works for me but you overcoming you issue and figuring it out is only more empowering and expanding your knowledge and skills…

If you truly want to shorten the file size (which i personally don’t see the point of doing) then just crop the image in photoshop or whatever graphical software you use. You will also need to be pixel perfect with your positioning and you can’t just place the light image at 0,0. This day and age and using local network there’s no real reason why you need to make the file smaller. 1gbs which is standard these days would take about 1 sec to download a 100MB file. On top of that, once downloaded, it would be cached by the browser.

Updated 2022 for my floorplan. My previous post has still been referenced but I feel that state doesn’t reflect my floorplan as of today and when people question things about my previous floorplan, I can’t help and reference things that no longer exist so I am posting this new YouTube video of my floorplan as of 1st September 2022.

For tutorials goto my playlists https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsyz9gUZWyqChW2nOZqYFEw/playlists

11 Likes

@ sian
Very clean work. The blue outline and among other setup you will need to install floorplan to make it work? Are your codes made available to the public?

From the tutorial playlist i sent above, the code can be found here YouTube/Home Assistant Floorplan at master · Sian-Lee-SA/YouTube · GitHub. Because the outlines are svg paths then floorplan-card would be best.

@sian
Hi. Do you know how to remove the glare from this screenshot below. It is coming from the light source.
lions-mansion0008

The Affect reflections hides it somewhat, but the light glare one still remains.
2022-09-13_6-14-31

Would be great if there is a setting to remove it. Right know I just move the light source around and hide them behind objects, but it is tricky sometimes since light bounces off from different direction depending on the angle.

Did you find a solution?

No. I have not put much effort in it

I ve found a solution:

ha-card {
      --divider-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0);
   }
2 Likes

@gabrielmiranda
Great you found it ! ))

Prepared a post about styling it, all credits to you!

1 Like

I get the feeling that the floor material may have a high reflection or specular or you may have the light source a bit too low? Try playing with the floor material… 3D Design isn’t my strongest area so you might find better support for that in forums that are more specific to that category.

Edit: There might be an option within the floor object where you can adjust something that might help. Just right click the object then goto object properties.

A consistent issue I see here with dashboards/cards is that the fonts are too big and there’s way too much white space. How do we fix that? We could make some much sexier dashboards with greater control over padding/margins and font sizes.

Does anyone use it with panel mode? I’m having a problem with the background image. It doesn’t fit the screen resolution and gets clipped.

@Hellis81 unfortunately, the images are no longer available at http://www.hoppvader.nu/bilder/washing_machine.zip
Any possibility to repost them? Thanks!

The file is there, don’t know why it’s not working.
When I click the link I get an error but if I select the link text and copy paste it works