Shutter state becomes "unknown" after Home Assistant restart

Hello everyone,

I have a shutter connected to Home Assistant through my configuration. I’ve noticed that every time I restart Home Assistant, the state of the shutter becomes “unknown.” This means that I cannot control the shutter until I send a command to it, which is not very convenient.

I’ve tried using the “optimistic” parameter in my configuration to no avail. I’ve also tried adding a template sensor to monitor the state of the shutter, but since I don’t have an actual sensor for it, the state can still be incorrect.

I suspect that this issue started after upgrading to version 2023.3 of Home Assistant, but I’m not sure. I’ve checked the logs, but there are no errors related to the shutter or its state.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

I’ve just started to encounter this - first upgrade of HA since 2021 so could well have been introduced a while back.

Did you find any solution?

with upgrade 2023.4 issue was solved

The optimistic: true flag seemed to fix this for me in the end if that helps anyone in future.