Siemens logo 8

Hi! thank you very much!
I’m trying to do the same thing. I also have logos (logo latest version at 230 V) and specifically I have 4 with each 2 expansions. I’m doing my home automation this way. I would like to integrate it with HA, and I am also new to this platform.
I wanted to understand what that green shape is next to the OR square. And I wanted to ask you if you can upload the LogoSoftcomfort project file here so I can better understand and take a cue, and if possible also the file that must be uploaded to HA.

Thank you very much and happy Easter!

Thank you for detailed explanation. I did not use output drives like niko dimmer before, so I do not understand how they are controlled, but I will dig into it.

I tried to control led brightness using specific driver that dims the light dependng on the analogue signal that you put in it (like this one -https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/183523395899) I used analogue output from logo module to control it and it worked. But your approach seems different.

Thank you once again!!!

The green shape is just a shortcut to some input. If you have big sche in logosofcomfort you can cut the black line so your scheme looks cleaner. And then you will get this two green shapes that will state the name of the box they lead to.
For other parts of integration just use modbus. It is working wery well for me right now. I have system with 4 logo8 modules they communicate with each other and with HA aswell. Everything works fast and smooth.

Thank you very very much!!!
Can I ask you if you know some manual or guide or video tutorial that explains how modbus on logo works? I have read the official manual, but it explains only how to set up. The thing that is difficult for me is to understand how to connect network inputs and network outputs with modbus

Hi, Viktors
I used the next trick on LOGO side to operate regular two-position on/off switch (I8) as a pushbutton.
This could help you to avoid additional HA script for generating short pulse.
My task was not to use expensive designer pushbuttons while it was renovation works in my apartment and to use ready wiring with a cheap on/off switch.

Hope it helps.

2 Likes

The concept is hard to grasp, but once you understand, you will get it going well. On logo you create internet input or output and assign adress to it. You can look how adresses in softcomfort correspond to modbus adresses in logo documentation. Then just create modbus switch or sensor in HA and you are good to go.

1 Like

This is great! Unfortunately I already bought 15 pushbutton switches for my house… :sweat_smile:
Thank you!

Maybe I was not clear but my idea is to use “normal” switch in HA together with physical pushbutton you already bought without pulse-generation script:

2 Likes

Hah silly me. Yes it seems to work. I thought I could use it with physical switch aswell!

Thak you once again. It is a very useful tip!

You’re welcome.

My Niko dimmers are controlled with 0-10V but can control 230V dimmable lights. Should work the same as the ones you have.

I had to use resistors for the one I used, because I could not control this driver just by connecting it to the driver from logo module. I still do not know why it does not work when I connect it without the resistor.

How are you driving them? Did you select 0-10V or are on a current output of 0 20mA

I have logo AM2 AQ module (https://support.industry.siemens.com/cs/pd/114944?pdti=pi&dl=en&lc=en-US).
It can output 0-10 V signal which I connected to the driver - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/183523395899.
The driver also has separate 220 v power input to power the led and output that goes to the led itself.
So when connecting the am2 logo module directly using the 0-10v output the driver does not react and works on full brightness, but if I connect am logo module with the driver in parallel with resistor then it works.
I opened a thread on siemens forums (https://support.industry.siemens.com/tf//WW/en/posts/led-dimming-using-am2-aq-module-0-10v-output/213916?page=0&pageSize=10) - and got an answer, that I had to put a resistor for it to work and it did work. But I really havent understood why I should add this resistor.

The reason you need the resistor is that you need a load on which to measure the variation of voltage. Otherwise, it’s like putting a voltmeter in series.
While the Niko I have is using the industrial “standard” of voltage control so it doesn’t need this extra resistor

1 Like

That makes sense. Thank you.

Hi, I’m trying to configure modbus with the logo and home assistant. On the logo I configured the digital network output as a “remote device” by putting the raspberry ip address that runs home assistant. Home assistant sees this output as a sensor, only that it always keeps the value to 0 despite the value of the Q output changes (I change the output from the digital input, which is a physical push button).
Do you have any idea why?
Further details in these images

logo3
configuration on home assistant

logo1

logo soft comfort

Try to use binary_sensor to read coils instead of register. Register is suitable for analog output.

1 Like

Now I have edit the program:

doing as Viktors_Linovs did. I configure home assistant in this method:

HA show me the switch and the sensor correctly, but if I press the switch nothing happens and the sensor always shows me ‘off’

Some idea? I’m banging my head everywhere but I don’t know how

You need a pulse signal to trigger pulse relay, switch cannot do this. See my example above.

Thanks! I updated as you suggested, but the problem is probably that something in modbus communication fails. The home assistant configuration is as above. While I updated the program on the logo as you told me, but neither sensor nor switch on home assistant still works