Simple bluetooth tracker

Did someone manage to get this simple bluetooth tracker working as location tracker in home assistant. My daughter does not have a phone yet but would also be “home”

/

1 Like

Hello,

Yes It’s well detected, I’m currently doing some battery duration test before ordering new ones.
Please note that older versions were killing battery quite fast.

Thanks !!!

I tried to restart a few times times but it does not yet appears in the known_devices.yaml
I have bluetooth activated and my old nokia is recognised as well as the bluetooth of my solar converter (SMA Sunnyboy).

What procedure should I follow…

When and how long should I kept the button pressed.
Would appreciate if you can explain how to get it done…

What is the bluetooth module used to detect these beacons? You must have a 4.0 BT module so as to be able to detect these.

Remove the battery, put the battery, verify that it is not paired with one of your phone (can’t be discovered if paired).
Press the button more than 5 seconds, It should beep several times and blynk. You are now in discovery mode and should be detected by compatible devices.

In my experience these trackers shutoff after some time if they are not paired, or lose connectivity to the phone, which makes them useless.

I personally use a nut2 for the same purpose. It doesn’t have to be paired to any phone to be found by hass.

1 Like

One tip is to pair it one time, delete it from the phone and it stay in discover mode. This way it can be used for presence detection. My concern now is about the battery life.

Late to the party, but I’ve tested a couple of those and I can recommend the Nut Mini.

It’s a bit pricier, but behaves a lot more “nicer” than the above. No need to turn it on and off and it reports in every 5 sec or so, where the others apparently transmits mulitple times a second.

I use it with room-assistant on a Pi3 and it picks up my status within a radius of 20-30 meters quite reliably.

Are the Nut 2 and Nut Mini bluetooth or bluetooth LE? I’m having trouble getting BTLE to run on my RPi3.

They are BLE but the HASS BT LE tracker has serious performance issues I’m using another software to track my Bluetooth devices.

What software are you using? Would definitely like to try it if it works well for you. Thanks!

It’s this one. Working excellent for quite some time

1 Like