Simple(?) Configuration keeps crashing - help!

I think you’re confused with 127.x.x.x addresses

1 Like

I think you’re right about the 127 / 172 confusion, but the error messages still look like some sort of network meltdown. What’s your setup? Is there any chance of an IP address collision / duplication?

On the network, I have pfSense router with DHCP Server and DNS Resolver. Everything below .100 is assigned a fixed IP address by the DHCP Server by MAC address with a static ARP table entry and local DNS name. Those above .100 are dynamic. Things like PC, Phones, etc. that come and go are put in the .100 to .250 range. pfSense is not showing any IP address conflicts and Fing doesn’t show any either.

Well, its been well over an hour and it didn’t crash. Things magically returned to normal and its no longer loosing connections or timing out. No more warnings or errors in the system log. I didn’t touch or change anything.
Very odd.

Did you remove this and the purge_interval.? If so I’d say this might have been the cause.

I did on Monday. But I think it’s too soon to be sure as it’s normally every 7 days that it crashes. Today it started behaving badly but never actually crashed. Not sure if it was related to the 7 day crash, or yet another issue.

I am, I was about to post that but I got pulled away at work.

Edit: I was looking for reasons why there would be network errors. But the system is not connected to the internet. The only thing thst strikes me as odd is supervisor getting a new network info way past startup

172 range is typically used by docker.
As it seems to be used by lan as well here, maybe some clash? I don’t remember by heart the subnetwork mask used by docker.

Docker uses 172.17.0.0/16
I’m using 172.27.3.0/24

1 Like

You mean its not using the Home Assistant Cloud? Correct. No Cloud usage

And…Drumroll…It’s dead again - right on schedule.
Replacing SD card with Samsung 64GB evo select mico xc class 3 SD card and we’ll see next week.

So Far, I’ve tried (in no particular order):
Different Pi
Different Ethernet cables
Different Switch
Different Power Supply
Different SD Card
Totally new Install rebuilt from scratch
Removed OctoPrint services
Removed Weather services
Removed Pi monitoring services
Removed Google Home Mini services
Removed All Automations

So much fun

Have you tried using the “built-in” SQLite instead of MySQL (if that secret actually does point to a MySQL db)?

If you’ve set lat/long in the UI (as Madeira isn’t at 0/0), then you don’t need these entries.

Have you tried a UPS? If your mains power is doing funny things, that could cause a problem, but I would have thought your 3D printers would also be affected…

Clutching at straws I’m afraid.

It points to MariaDB.
I originally had it set up with the default SQL Database, but it would get easily corrupted and required deleting of the database file to start over.

Thanks for clutching. I appreciate all suggestions.
The Lat/Long and time_zone are dummy entries. I’m using proper entries in my system form where I really live :wink:

No UPS. I guess that’s a next step if the Samsung card doesn’t fix this. But the 2 other Pi’s and the pfSense server never glitch. The pfSense server has been running uninterrupted for almost a year. And the two Pi’s have been up continuously for a few months - down for just software updates.

Odd… Monday… Morning… At the same time every week… :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

What could it be. It’s almost like an entire thread of 30+ people had this exact same issue and solved it with something… I wonder what that was.

See you next week.

1 Like

Ok. It’s lived past the standard 7 day lifespan and we are now into day 9.
I’m not going to solidly call it ‘Fixed’ until 14 days have passed without a lockup.
But so far, the Samsung 64GB evo select mico xc class 3 SD card (which cost more than the Pi) seems to have fixed this issue.
I’ll report back definitively next week.
Thanks!

1 Like

31+ now :rofl:

1 Like

I guess we’ll never know for sure now, will you…

1 Like

My HA is routinely crashing, usually multiple times a day and I’m on the new HA blue. No idea why, can’t seem to find anything in logs. What would cause consistent crashing when not using an SD card?