Simple Scheduler Addon

The switch icons in the “home” are just indicators. You have to edit to disable.
I already reply to this before, but I understand that there are almost 200 messages in this topic and no one would read them all :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
So from time to time, I explain it again :slightly_smiling_face:
In the very first realease that icon worked as a switch. I mainly use the app from the phone. I realize that I could disable a schedule by mistake while scrolling the list. That’s why I decide that if I want to disable a schedule, I have to edit it.

Hi, i love your module and what it can do…BUT in my case is not working. Downloaded, installed, setted everything but coming to the time…nothing. Did I make some mistake?

@lucalg74 seems ok from the picture.
What kind of device are you trying to use? Light, switch?
Try with another device.
Another problem can be the timezone. Look in the bottom gray bar: server time is correct?

It seems like Turn Off has no impact on a scene. Correct? ie, the scene is activated when Turn On time arrives, but nothing happens when Turn Off time arrives. I was hoping that maybe at the Turn Off time all the devices turned on in the scene would be turned off.

That is how HA functions, you can’t turn off a scene.

1 Like

NEW RELEASE!

• More entities in one scheduler
    You can add more than one entities to a single schedule
  • Multiple time in one scheduler
    In a single schedule you can set multiple time
  • Drag rows to sort them
    Yes! You can order the schedules as you like just by dragging them!
  • Add Name to scheduling
    You can set a name to every scheduler so you can easily recognize them!
  • Move edit form to sidebar
    A more efficient sidebar to add/edit a schedule
  • Little graphic rewiew
    Some improvement to color and object to make even easier to use
  • Code improvements
    No need to bore you with this

If you like it and you feel thankful, I would really appreciate it if you buy me a beer :beer:

Hi since the last update the scheduler does not work. It says scheduler not running. I then restart and it runs for a few minutes and then it stops.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled - still does not work - can you please assist

1 Like

@Jeandre I’m very sorry to hear that…
Please check the file \\<ip-address-of-HA>\share\simplescheduler\scheduler.log
You should find the error in that log
Please share it here so I can understand what is happening!

1 Like

Hi i have the same behaviour, in the sheduler.log i have:

Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$enabled in /var/www/html/scheduler.php on line 24

Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: Argument 1 passed to call_HA() must be of the type array, string given, called in /var/www/html/scheduler.php on line 38 and defined in /var/www/html/lib.php:80
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/html/scheduler.php(38): call_HA('switch.ripetito...', 'off')
#1 {main}
  thrown in /var/www/html/lib.php on line 80

Do you have any advice?
Thank you!

Marco

@Jeandre @macnug thank you so much!
You were right: there was a bug in the scheduler.
The format in the json file is slightly changed to include the new features and the scheduler was not able to read one value in the old version of the files.
(Edit the schedulers and save them again will also solve, but this is not a solution!)

@macnug your help was essential! Thanks

BTW, release 0.22 is out with the bugfix!
Try that out and let me know!

1 Like

Hi,
Is it possible for non-admin users to use the scheduler? When I try to open it with a non-admin user, I get:

Supervisor
Unable to fetch add-on info to start Ingress

Thanks

Hi @siebenish thank you for your advisory.
To be honest, this is something I never tested. :blush:
Let me do some digging about it and I will be back to you. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thank you for this addon, it’s working very well. Is there a way to track when it triggers an action or it fails for some reason?

Great, thanks for your prompt reply! I find this important in a multiuser environment (at home even), to prevent someone (kids, etc) messing up something, but still being able to set schedules for devices.

At the moment you can see the log of the actions in the file
\\<ip-address-of-HA >\share\simplescheduler\scheduler.log
but you can’t see the result of the command

This is something I’m working on
Stay tuned!

Apparently no.
All add-ons (not only SimpleScheduler) are hidden to non-admin users.

There’s nothing I can do at the moment to help you.
But stay tuned, a new release with new features is coming up in the next few days!

Thank you very much for that information. The feature request mentions this though, do you think this could work? I’m fairly new to using supervisor (instead of just Home Assistant) so I have no ideia where to point a reverse proxy to :slight_smile: and test this.

The alternatives are to expose the addons to the internet/via a reverse proxy if they have a configurable web server and expose themvia a lovelace UI website card to normal users. This requires a reasonable amount of other work and not all features may work.

This solution requires a bunch of knowledge in Networking, especially NAT and Reverse Proxy. If you are not mastering this, I strongly advise you to not do that.
Furthermore, I suppose that this solution requires disabling the ingress, which means no lateral menu to call the addon.

Hi,

Could you check if the entry below changes this? It would be really useful.

NEW RELEASE!

Version 0.30

• Can set brightness to Lights
  • Can set temperature to Climates
  • Can add positive/negative offset to sunset/sunrise
  • Embed style and script to avoid cache issues
  • Bugfix

Here’s a summary of all the feature in one image :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes