Simple Scheduler Addon

:rofl::rofl::rofl: No worries!

1 Like

I am searching for a binary/boolean variable that’s set while a schedule is turned on and use this in scripts to steer behavior (ignore turn-off events while simple scheduler has it turned on) . There’s none (yet :wink: )

You wrote that I need to create an integration (assume automation) for this. Above you made a point to fire an automation on turn-on (automations are triggered by SimpleScheduler on “Turn on”, not by turn-off.)

Hence, if I get it right and want a binary variable for every schedule then I gotta break every schedule into two schedules, each kicking on turn-on a turn-on/turn-off automation :frowning: , loosing the elegance.

Is there a more elegant way, now or in the future, e.g.simple scheduler setting a boolean like input_boolean.simplescheduler.<Name> for every schedule?

This could make SimpleScheduler’s timing accessible throughout HA and keep the elegance. :slight_smile:

It is not possible at the moment. I’m working on that

You assumed it wrong. I have to write an integration (or a custom_component if you prefer) that “talks” to the addon.
Because addons (not just simplescheduler) are completely separated from HA.

I’m a complete newb to HA so please bear with me. I’m having trouble finding this Add-on. I look under Add-ons, Click Add-On Store, and see Official add-ons and a second section for Home Assistant Community Add-ons. I select the three dots at the top of screen and select Repositories. I get a pop-up box that says: Manage add-on repositories, Home Assistant Community Add-ons Franck Nijhof [email protected]https://addons.community, with a line below that says Add. I see no “refresh” as mentioned in the instructions, only a close option at the bottom of the box. I don’t know what to “add” to get to a repository with this scheduler in it. What am I doing wrong?

You miss the first line of the instructions :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::
You can add the URL of this page in your “add-on store” as a new repository

In the line you see, you have to write the URL and then click “ADD”

Then close. Back in the “Add-on store” do a refresh and it will appear:

I swear I only read that about 50 times and still missed it. ; ) lol

Thanks for your help. Got it now. Nice job btw…

2 Likes

refering to above comment Solved (I guess)
Usually SimpleScheduler refers to a device, e.g. a switch. I let it refer to a [dummy] automation instead. I then use the state change of this [dummy] automation to trigger any automation with conditions as I like.

Thereby I get

• schedule on one line (on/off times on the same schedule item)
  • full control of the event, e.g. prevent simplescheduler from switching off a device if some condition is met (e.g. do not switch off morning’s bathroom heater if there’s already enough solar energy to keep it running)
  • and as a freeby, I can add the [dummy] automation to the dashboard and manually override the scheduler.

Version 0.50 is out! :grinning:

• New feature: Retry unavailable entities
  • New feature: enable/disable schedulers in frontend (through MQTT)
  • Improvement: Set fan percent speed
  • Fixed bug in sorting (#61)
  • Log improvement
  • Several bugfixes

One of the most requested features was to enable/disable the scheduler from the frontend or in automations.
I solve this using MQTT.
Maybe if you don’t know what MQTT is, could look tricky… so I create a little guide to help you:

Thank you for your efforts! The Set fan percent speed works great! :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you for this… I bought you a couple beers LOL Enjoy!

1 Like

Great addon! I’m changing all my weird automations to this, because now they’re really readable, and manageable.

One thing that you can add support is to vacuums. It would be nice to migrate also the weekly cleaning to this addon!

1 Like

Thank you for your suggestion.
To be honest, I wasn’t aware of vacuum before your post :blush:
I google it and I think this can be done. Will try to add them in the next release.
:wink:

PS: in the meantime you can create a script to start and stop the vacuum and call the script from the addon

1 Like

Wasn’t really sure but is it possible to support light color? Ie blue, red, etc.

If not no big deal, still love this!!! :slight_smile:
Thank you!

Could be…
How would you write the color in the schedule? Do you have a suggestion?

That’s a good question and honestly have no answer for. It could be a text window allowing you to write in the color or a tag like you’re already using
ie B>80 for brightness
+30 for offset

Perhaps C=252

Problem is it would be extensive code because different things use different ‘colors’…
Html colors
Rgb colors
Hex colors
Hue colors

My particular instance uses hue.

So all in all I certainly wouldn’t ask for anything like that. Was just wondering if it was possible now to do it :slight_smile: If not no big deal. After writing simple modules for MM I know what it’s like when people ask you to rewrite something for just their needs… so again if it’s not possible now I have no objections and am not asking you to rewrite or spend extensive time making this happen :slight_smile: It’s already a great addition to HA! Thank you!

@cowboysdude you actually get the point.
This was already on my mind because I actually needed it.
I know how to do it with code, what I miss is the syntax to use without making it too complicated and/or unreadable.
I solved it by calling a script, for now.
So if anyone have some nice idea, fell free to suggest it here! :sunglasses:

1 Like

You could just let them call the color they want from the attribute like this:

c=#ffffff
c=235

etc…

Yeah changed my answer because after going through different entities some have a ‘Color’ attribute but things like WLED do not show attributes but instead have an entity called for example: select.wled_fun_color_palette

My best guess here is don’t do what I do… don’t overthink because then we try to over complicate things LOL That’s the truth… I’m a teacher and by education I can write js and php but I’m not expert and was never trained to do this… I just learned bits and pieces on my own…

Thank you for your suggestion.

The real tricky part here, is that lights entities have a lot of parameters.
I’ve already included brigthness, so you now write
19:30>B50
I could set color in the same way… with the HEX RGB…
19:30>C00A0FF
It would be long, but who cares…

But… what if I want to use both brightness and color?
It would become very messy…
Further there is also the white temperature (cold, warm)
That’s what stopped me in the first place…

(PS: I actually need to set a light with both color and brightness in my home, so it is something I was tinking about seriously :sweat_smile:)

2 Likes

I’m thinking for now honestly this is great just the way it is :slight_smile:

Yes you’re right doing both becomes ‘tricky’ at best.

1 Like

Hi,

I think this error: The command ‘/bin/sh -c apt update && apt -y install sudo’ returned a non-zero code: 100

is because i’m trying to install it in a docker environment, isn’t it?

1 Like